Skip to content

Question About Sendia's Statues in TOB (Spoilers)

the_sexteinthe_sextein Member Posts: 711
Hi, I am playing a full party of six using SCS and Ascension on LOB mode. The Sendai battle is near impossible when using standard tactics. I recently beat this battle utilizing timestop scrolls and timestop traps with a FMT. However, trap placement is very hokey when using the improved Sendai lair component of SCS because drow will teleport in all over the map and ruin trap tactics.

It just now occurred to me that using a mage to cast timestop and then Imprisonment on multiple statues may have made the fight much easier. I looked online but can't seem to find any info on weather or not Sendia's statues are immune to imprisonment. I figure she is immune and I have heard a rumor that Yaga Sura may not be.

Can anyone Tell me if Sendai's statues are susceptible to imprisonment? Bonus points if you can tell me if Yaga Sura is susceptible as well. I don't have a save to go back and try it out myself. None of the statues have important items and they don't appear one at a time like they do in the vanilla game so it would be easy to imprison at least two of them at a time, possibly even three of them in one timestop. None of the statues utilize spell protections until they activate while within the fog of war so I don't think spell immunity abjuration would be a problem and most of the statues don't have the ability to cast spell immunity abjuration anyway. Just want to know for my next playthrough to make things easier. This battle was a major headache for my party this time.
Post edited by the_sextein on
JuliusBorisov

Comments

• Joan_DaroJoan_Daro Member Posts: 112
    The best way to make sure would be get a nearinfinity and check them out on your own, for you have installed multiple mods and it's hard to know what they might do to the statues' immunity abilities.
    Also you can check the manual and/or install log of the mods you used.
    I haven't played Ascension so I'm not able to help further, but I can assure you that nearinfinity is extremely easy to use.
    the_sextein
  • the_sexteinthe_sextein Member Posts: 711
    edited June 2018
    Ascension improves all boss fights other than Sendai. SCS doesn't mention any changes to the statues but it does apply SCS style AI to all enemies and it allows the statues to become active before the previous one is killed. I figure if it's possible to do it in the vanilla game, it will still work on my setup. I've been meaning to check out near infinity though so I might give that at shot. I figured somebody on here had probably tried imprisonment on them but who knows. It's not the most popular spell since it destroys all of the enemy's loot. The reason I mentioned the mods I use is because it explains why I am not using more normal tactics to defeat the battle. I'm looking for ways that might help when all of the enemies have tons of HP and teleport in all over the area.

Imprisonment has no saves so it will work on anything that does not have spell immunity abjuration cast on it. (most of the statues are not capable of even casting that spell.) Sometimes the devs made certain enemies immune to it, similar to backstabs, critical strike ect. Usually "boss" enemies are immune to it in order to keep the player from one shot, killing a powerful enemy that is meant to be a stand out challenge. The statues are copies of Sendai so it's possible they are immune. Anyway thanks for the comment.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    if that doesnt work, you can always try the; shapechange ( level 9 mage spell ) into mind flayer and INT drain the statues, but i dont know if SCS has changed the INT drain or not
    the_sextein