Skip to content

I made this: Tales of Cosmos

AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
Okay, I may have exaggerated a bit in the topic title. I didn't actually make this myself - I had help. It's also not technically made yet, because it's still in development. Yeah... anyway, shameless self-promo time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH31mdRzBE4

So my brother and I have been working on this game for the past 4 years. It's called Tales of Cosmos and it's an open world space opera adventure game. You play as two space explorers (a dog and a simian) who have recently become stranded on an unknown planet due to flying too close to some space anomaly known as Shuttle's Bane. Your job is to help them build a new spaceship and unravel the mysterious mystery of said space anomaly.

My favorite thing about this game (which is a weird thing to express when I partly made it, but still) is the space exploration part. Once you have a working spaceship you can take off into space at any time and visit other planets, discover all kinds of stuff in space, and pretty much land on anything that's bigger than your ship.

If any of that interests you, then be sure to check out our website below. If it didn't, well... I'm sorry. *puppy eyes*

http://www.reddwarfgames.com/

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Nice work, far as I can tell. Not usually my genre but I have a few friends that might be interested. Gave it a green light thingie over on steam. The ambient sound and music fit very well. And kudos on using the "retro" space helmets ^^
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    You have a dog in a space suit, and "Cosmo" in the title?! I smell a Marvel lawsuit!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    It's cute. Cool.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Raccoonecromancer strikes again!

This game actually popped up in my steam discovery queue thing just now. Made me smile at the end of a rather bad day.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    @Adul : I tagged your game in my wishlist and it popped up as being on sale now. Will buy!
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    @Son_of_Imoen Thanks! If you play it, be sure to let me know how you liked it. :)

We're always looking for more feedback. We're working on a big update, and we've taken a lot of ideas from what players told us they thought about the game.
    @Adul: you'll need some patience though for my feedback. Just now, when I had the spare money to buy the game and visited my wishlist for the purchase, the sale was over. But the notification stays on, so I'll know if there's a sale again. Especially on Steam, where you just 'rent' the games instead of getting a DRM-free installer, I never buy full-price.
    @Son_of_Imoen That's understandable, I'm in the same boat. Huge backlog of games to play, too, and not enough time to play them.
    Your game is for sale now in the Steam Summer Sale. I just bought it!
    Thanks! Hope you'll enjoy it! We just put out an update with a bunch of new features that should make the experience more fun. :smile: