Skip to content

MEGAMAP - Why is the PC slow as a snail?

2»

Comments

• APhantasmAPhantasm Member Posts: 42
    LadyRhian said:

@APhantasm I have that module. Greyhawk is an entirely different world, though. But that module is kind of scattered... every level is different, and it's mostly meant as humor. I'd love to see them make a game out of EX1 and EX2, Dungeonland and Land Beyond the Magic Mirror, which are based on the Alice in Wonderland books.

I know its a different world, doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see a game based on it though. Or maybe one set in Ravenloft.

Now that I think about it, wasn't the Temple of Elemental Evil set in Greyhawk.

• CandramelekhCandramelekh Member Posts: 109
    I think sorcerers.net have map of that type
  • APhantasm said:

All this talk about editions make me kinda "homesick". The only editions I ever had were D&D and AD&D, from back when TSR still owned D&D. I even have several AD&D modules. I have them boxed away someplace, haven't had a reason to touch them in forever since no one uses them much anymore.

One of my favorite AD&D modules was World of Greyhawk: Castle Greyhawk

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_Greyhawk_(module)

Now there is a world I would love to see in a video game, Greyhawk. Don't get me wrong I like all the D&D worlds; Ravenloft, Forgotten Realms, etc.. I would just love to see one set in Greyhawk. Doubt that will happen since from what I read WoTC is reportedly (could be just a rumor I don't know) abandoning Greyhawk in 5E

They are not "Abandoning" anything, They are simply deciding to begin 5e by giving all of their focus to the forgotten realms...there is always a possibility of doing other settings down the line, but not for the first couple of years.
  • APhantasm said:

LadyRhian said:

@APhantasm I have that module. Greyhawk is an entirely different world, though. But that module is kind of scattered... every level is different, and it's mostly meant as humor. I'd love to see them make a game out of EX1 and EX2, Dungeonland and Land Beyond the Magic Mirror, which are based on the Alice in Wonderland books.

I know its a different world, doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see a game based on it though. Or maybe one set in Ravenloft.

Now that I think about it, wasn't the Temple of Elemental Evil set in Greyhawk.

Yes! yes it was :)
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    @ShYariv, woow :O)

I wanna print it out and make a whole wall of it, in my living room. hehe.
    Never thought it was so correct made by the dev´s.
  • SharnSharn Member Posts: 188
    Why is a city of over 40,000 people small enough for the PC o walk across in minutes?

Why are only about a 100 or so residents rendered in this city of over 40,000 people.

Game worlds are always smaller then they actually are, you will find a community of a dozen or so NPC's and if you actually put some thought into it you would realize it would be impossible for a community of such a small size to sustain itself, the game is only throwing a few people in for filler amongst the NPC's that actually have something important to say.

On a side note, before DA2 was released when they said most of the game was going to take place in one city I was hoping for them to really show how large and bustling a city could be, unfortunately I was disappointed, but the smaller the scale of the area you cover, the more things you can put into it with the same amount of resources available.
  • ShYarivShYariv Member Posts: 119
    Hi, for anyone who's still interested, here is the gridless version of the map (without the green borders):

http://imageshack.us/a/img196/1818/bg1clean.jpg

Don't know why I didn't post this one earlier as well...