Skip to content

No Trello card for NWScript?

pscythepscythe Member Posts: 116
I think it is high time that NWScript get some proper language features.
* direct compiler support for arrays or lists
* closures and higher order functions
* proper libraries instead of the current #include

As for builtin functions
* functions to modify ability scores directly like the dm_modify* functions in DebugMode
* functions to change hitpoints, Attack Bonuses, AC, SR, etc
* LevelUpHenchman to directly support a 3rd class. Currently it is impossible to get 30 levels of Arcane Archer with it.

Comments

• FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    A lot of this has been requested before actually. Some of the specific function requests have been repeated multiple times but getting a specific mention on Trello is hit or miss. Random things that can already be done that aren't too spectacular get added, and sometimes crucial things that can't be done without NWNX don't get specifically mentioned.

For what it's worth there is a card for extra script functionality and event handling but again it specifies some things and doesn't mention others, so we can only hope the developers are aware of all previous suggestions.

As for the script "language" itself I think they should keep it relatively simple.
  • pscythepscythe Member Posts: 116

As for the script "language" itself I think they should keep it relatively simple.

I agree it should be simple, but it have been too simple, such that otherwise simple things becomes complicated. Arrays is a good example of this. Without arrays from the language simple things becomes complicated because you had to use workarounds.