Skip to content

SCS + 2.5 + Sound?

tedmann12tedmann12 Member Posts: 128
Hi All,

Recently installed scs and rogue rebalancing mod after the 2.5 update. I got the game running, but I am having weird sound issues now. The game seemed noticeably quieter for me at first, NPCS voices etc were barely audible so I had to turn voice sound up all the way and everything else down just to hear them.

Then in battle I noticed that none of the chanting that the characters do when they cast spells was happening. And the battle itself just seemed oddly quiet. No battle music, didn't hear anyone swinging their weapons. Could just hear effects of spells, and sometimes when my characters got hit I could hear them. But overall the sound was very lacking.

Also, I was getting some of those bugs where random npcs names would be "invalid" or they would be some weirdly long piece of text from another point in the game.

I removed my override folder and reloaded and the sound worked fine and didn't notice any of those dialogue issues.

Any idea exactly what this could be?

It is worth noting that this was a game I had running already and then got updated to 2.5, so I reinstalled the game, reinstalled scs and reinstalled rogue rebalancing, and continued the game.

Comments

• tedmann12tedmann12 Member Posts: 128
    After removing the rogue rebalancing mod components, the casting sounds work fine, but now I get tons of the "invalid" dialogue.
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,026
    Save games are usually a mess after a patch, even more so with mods in the mix. I would discontinue and start a new game and not try to play any of your pre-patch saves.