Skip to content

Less frequent re-spawn of creatures

James_MJames_M Member Posts: 140
Consider increasing the time between re-spawning of creatures on the outdoor maps (and perhaps this is also applicable to dungeons such as Ulcaster and the Firewine Ruins). It seems odd that a spot on a map which you just cleared minutes ago will have new creatures in the same spot when you walk by a bit later (e.g. less than 1 hour game time). The suggestion is to increase the time between re-spawning.

Comments

• BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    This would have to be examined on a case-by-case basis given that some respawn points are intended to challenge a player for having entered an area with no clear exit strategy- or are simply an area where monsters are bound to populate heavily, such as the magic Ulcaster respawns or Firewine kobold territory. But I agree that some areas have annoyingly unrealistic respawn times- particularly in the wilds- and cause me to do unnecessary XP farming...
  • KoreKore Member Posts: 245
    I believe that Firewine and Ulcaster aren't dependant on time at all. I think they respawn as soon as you leave LoS of their spawn area. In this case they definitely should be put on a timer imo. A game half hour (i.e. 2.5 minutes) seems realistic and fine imo.
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    edited June 2012
    There was also a high respawn rate in the knoll stronghold if I recall, bit helped make the encounter more challenging.
  • SuccubusSuccubus Member Posts: 90
    I'd love if there was an option to turn off all respawning. I believe there is a mod...
  • carugacaruga Member Posts: 375
    Case-by-case basis, for sure. And some form of farming control.
  • ZafiroZafiro Member Posts: 436
    Actually, i want to say i'd like more spawned creatures, reason why i use BGSpawn with time between re-spawns on 8h(PnP), also the creatures should come closer to the party's level, as you level up, harder mods should spawn, and i think this should be a discussion, but i had to do a search first to see if anybody said it before wich lead me here.

Mention: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/39639-release-bgspawn-version-111/