Skip to content

Watcher's Keep accessible from SOA?

M0tanM0tan Member Posts: 61
I'm playing already BG2:EE:TOB right now, so I can access Watcher's Keep, but I've read in a few places that it could be accessible from SOA as well. I've just loaded a few old saves, and WK doesn't show on my map. Is this a glitch/bug?

I know it doesn't matter right now, but I plan multiple re-runs, and it would be nice to have access to some of the loot quicker.
Post edited by M0tan on

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Yeah, Watcher's Keep is accessible in SoA. It should be visible on the map from the start.
    lolien
  • M0tanM0tan Member Posts: 61
    ThacoBell said:

Yeah, Watcher's Keep is accessible in SoA. It should be visible on the map from the start.

On my map it's obviously not:

• UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    It disappeared on my map once.
    I think it was talking to Neera that caused it because when I reloaded that particular game before meeting her, it was there. And then visited the area quickly before talking to her and it stayed put.

Never had the problem since though, just that once.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @M0tan Tis a bug.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Do you have any mods?
    lunar said:

Do you have any mods?

Sorry for the late answer, I was busy the entire day (Germany here).

I don't have any mods, and didn't have any at the time of going through SOA. My SOA run was last year, now I've just continued the save from TOB. But I remember that it wasn't there last year, and neither is now if I load any of my old saves.

I do have Neera in my party (always had here since BG1). I have to see if I have any save from the beginning of SOA, before Neera, and check the map.

I'll keep this updated.

But if nobody else has this problem, then it might be a bug. This thread made me look through my old saves to see if I can reach WK from SOA.
    edited November 2017
    Ok, I've checked some of my really old saves, including the one where I first leave Athkatla and the WK is still not visible on the map :(

I probably should raise this as a bug somewhere.

Edit:

Apparently it's been a big thing at one point in the past.

I just hope my next play through will be fine. If not, I'll have to use the console: CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("AR3000")
    Post edited by M0tan on
  • nullsetnullset Member Posts: 38
    I also have this problem. I have found that the Amber Romance Mod will HideAreaOnMap("AR3000") which is Watcher's Keep. There might be other problems, but this is certainly one of them.
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    This was a known bug in the initial 1.2 release of the game. I can't remember the trigger, but if you did not take some action in the opening dungeon (maybe just looking at world map, or maybe NOT looking at world map?) then Watcher's Keep would not appear before ToB. I believe this persisted for save games on those runs, even after the patch. Could your saves be that old?
    JuliusBorisov