Skip to content

NWN EE Server Issue

I host a server for a PW and I cannot toolset while server is running. Server running game 1 and I try to toolset Game 2 (Game 1 and 2 are example mod names) Server becomes unstable and causes all sort of issues with NPC's and Players inventories till its rebooted. I never had this issue with old NWN. I could run server and toolset a different mod at the same time with no issues..

And I am not trying to toolset the mod while its running on the server.

My system information:
Intel Quad core i5 @3.4 GHz
16GB ram
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 Ti 12Gb available Mem (4Gb Card)
2 Sata 1 Tb HDD
Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit
Direct x 10

Comments

• ShaidenShaiden Member Posts: 181
    Hmm..

So just to be clear, you are running a server with module "A"
    At the same time, you are having issues attempting to run the toolset which has module "B" loaded.

So a few questions.

1) Are you launching the server first, or the toolset?
    2) Do the instabilities on your server loaded game begin when you open the toolset? or over time?
    3) If you run only the server over a long period of time, do you still encounter these issues?
    4) What sort of specific glitches are you seeing in-game?
    5) Are you running from the Beamdog Client, or Steam?
    6) Are you running from the executable, or from the launchers?
    7) Is your server running any custom content, if so, what?

Thanks!
  • Stormbringer601Stormbringer601 Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2018
    I am running Server A and when I try to toolset Module B, Server A starts to break down.. Server A NPC's vanish.. Dialog stops working.. Gets multiple spawns in same area that was not there before.. Server A basically Breaks..

Server A is always running as its a PW Server. Server its launched then toolset.

Toolset Loads fine but Server A breaks when I load toolset

Running the server for long periods seems to not cause a problem. But I restart ever 40 hours or so... With Original NWN Server I could run the Server for weeks with no issue and Toolset at the same time.

Server is from Beamdog.. Client I bought through Steam and has no shortcut for Server.

I am running from Launchers

It has custom Hak's and tlk as close to Canon as can be done. PW has been up since I believe 2002 and I started hosting the Server in Mid 2017.
    Post edited by Stormbringer601 on
  • Stormbringer601Stormbringer601 Member Posts: 3
    Bump