Skip to content

Unofficial BG:EE chat

neur0neur0 Member Posts: 83
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
Hello,

Some people asked for a chat room in a thread and @TrentOster said that he liked the idea, but they had no time, so I opened an IRC chat channel on quakenet.
If you are interested, use any IRC client to join BG:EE on quakenet.org or use a webchat on webchat.quakenet.org
If you join, please stay on the channel as long as you can, even if you are not chatting because it helps with registering a channel.
If we register the channel, we can add moderators, anti-spam functions etc...

PS: I am posting this in General because Community Support is much less popular.

Comments

• CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    And the channel name is...?
  • neur0neur0 Member Posts: 83
    edited September 2012
    Maybe it wasn't clear from how I stated it the post. Anyway, it's:
    BG:EE
    or
    /join #BG:EE
    As a command to join via IRC client.
    Good news: the channel is now registered.
    If/When there is a larger population in the chat channel, we should probably chose (vote?) for people who should moderate it, get some devs to answer questions occasionally @TrentOster (I promise Obama won't be invited) etc.

Also, I will only be a temporary OP until more people come and chose admins.
    If someone from OG wants to get the chan. ownership, it will be so.
    Feel free to post suggestions and idle in the channel.
    Ill try to setup a bot named Boo at some point to handle scripts and whatnot.
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Ill join tomorrow. And i like the idea !!!!
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    GO FOR THE OPS BOO, GO FOR THE OPS!
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    Wow I used mIRC waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day. Maybe I should give it another try
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    edited September 2012
    oh man mirc... i guess i have a lifetime ban on some chans there.... but this time i will be polite as no one ever was before:D
    Yeah, IRC is old (even older then BG), but it is still the most popular choice for chatrooms.
    It's simple, "just works", and most IM applications like pidgin etc. have IRC built in or available as a plug-in or you can use web so it is simple to join.
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Im in:P
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    I might as well leave the channel open. I should get around to downloading mIRC again one of these days so I can register username and all that stuff.

But I'm there now using the web client. Gotta leave for class soon but I'm prone to lurk.