Skip to content

Any news on release date of 2.5? (+SoD question)

ErethaarErethaar Member Posts: 12
edited July 2018 in The 2.5 Update Beta
Hey!

So I've been playing BGEE for some time now. I was frustrated by the amount of bugs in 1.3 ish version I was playing (Mac App Store) and curiously checked this site. Well. I guess I missed few updates! :smile: Why Mac App Store Veriosn was not updated for 4 years? Is it possible to play SoD after finishing BGEE from Mac App Store and then BGEE2 on another platform of also on Mac App Store?

I downloaded the game for Beamdog client and read the changelog - I am amazed by the changes and I ill stay on Beamdog client for sure. I am hyped about 2.5 gettin out - but do you know the date? In stream it was said that the patch is in last phase of testing. Any news on that?

EDIT: I know about beta testing. But I know that after official update some changes might be applied that my save may commit because of progress in game - so I really wanna make a fresh start in 2.5.

Comments

• ErethaarErethaar Member Posts: 12
    Just got an answer from Beamdog:
    The updates for the Mac App Store will be released at the end of the 2.5 patch cycle.
    We don't have news about SoD for the Mac App Store at the moment, sorry.
    BG:EE and SoD will be updated in the Beamdog Client very soon.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Ealier this month (I think) I guessed that the full 2.5 release would finish in about 45 days. We'll see how close or far off I was soon.
    So you bet in like a month or so? Well - I hope so. And I am wondering if anything will be added to patch notes. And what new (if any) updates will bring.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    I've got another question: is it worth it to wait for 2.5?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    If my estimate is correct, its about 15 days left, rather than a full month (fingers crossed).

@Arthas That depends on you. I've been waiting since the first 2.5 beta was released. I only do full trilogy runs, so hopping between different versions part way through would be jarring for me.
  • anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 246
    I hope you bid until the 30th
    anastiel said:

I hope you bid until the 30th

I hope so too! :wink: Well, I want to avoid the moment when they will release the update when I will be half BGEE that will fix some bugs or add new things (like Kagain quest!).