Skip to content

Problems with Re-recruiting Dorn

I encountered this problem after I had kicked him out of my party (made space for Edwin). He was in my party for the travel from the Temple District to the Docks. I kicked him out because I had planned to re-recruit him before going to Spellhold.

After about three weeks in-game time I returned from Imnesvale to the Temple District to pick him up since I now had space for him after kicking out Minsc. When I tried all of the three dialog options, all ended him with telling me to get lost. Has this something to do with my reputation (15 at the time), or something else? All suggestions are appreciated.

I am currently in Chapter Three, about to raid the Thieves' Guild.

Comments

• BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    My guess would be you have recruited someone else previously that he refuses to work with, the Wiki states he can end up fighting with Keldorn or Anomen, perhaps if you are romancing one of them or have completed certain quests (thinking Anomen becoming a Knight) it will lock him out. 15 rep isn't enough to get him to leave so i'm pretty sure it's not that.
  • CanopusCanopus Member Posts: 3
    Well, I managed to somehow fix this accidentally, so I assume it was some sort of bug. I killed some random guy in the Slums District, went to one of the temples and donated 5K gold to raise my reputation to 14 and so that Jaheira would shut her mouth about the balance and so on.

I went back to Dorn and now he agreed to join my group. He instantly did the line about assassinating the priest and we just teleported to the Radiant Heart building.

And no, I have not recruited neither Anomen or Keldorn. I generally don't like any of the goody-two-shoes-characters of the Baldur's Gate games.

Thanks for the suggestion.
  • Joan_DaroJoan_Daro Member Posts: 112
    Actually it's not a bug. He will not leave your party until somewhere around 18 rep but he won't join you if your reputation is 15 or greater.
    14/15 is where the line is drawn.