Skip to content

Old character animations in EE?

GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
I switched from BGT to EET and the only thing I'm missing is Infinity Animations with the glorious pre-BG2 character models. Surely there is a well-known way to get them working in the EEs. What way would that be?

Comments

• AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    I've got a mod in the works that restores them (among other things.) Unfortunately I can't give you an ETA but the component that restores the avatars is done.

If you're interested in doing a full playthrough with it for testing purposes, send me a PM.
    JuliusBorisovsmady3
  • chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
    Hear, hear! But are the old animations included in the BG:EE setup, or do they have to be imported? I think there is only one oldie in the list, FEMALE_FIGHTER_BG1, I think. And I can't say there is much to like about it. Don't remember the old models very well, though. @God, care to upload a few more posing screens to remind everyone what they were?
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    Indeed, they need to be imported (which makes my mod rather bulky; I’ll probably end up offering the sprites as a separate download.)
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    @chimeric
    Here's my current EET team, looking great thanks to @AndreaColombo's mod.
    JuliusBorisovAndreaColomboAedan
  • chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
    With the sprites outlines on, I can't tell them from zephyrous clouds. How can you stand to play this way?
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    @God @AndreaColombo hey sorry for the thread necro, but, is the mod or the BG1 animations available after all? o.o

I can't play the games with the BG2 sprites at all ._.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    Even the part with the sprites alone would be ok >w>
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    Has anyone ever managed to find a way to reactivate BG1 sprites? It seems IA will never truly be ported for EE after all...
    Timbo0o0o0