Skip to content

Forgotten Realms "MMORPG"

Hey,

I was wondering if there was any approach towards creating a MMORPG-ish game in the forgotten realms universe. I couldn't really find any old-school games with focus on atmosphere and enjoyable quests rather than mindless levelling up to slash more monsters. Now don't get me wrong, I have nothing against slashing monsters, but I'd like something more from games.

In my mind there's a city of Baldur's Gate, filled with activities for adventurers - dungeons, wizard towers, marketplace, guild halls etc. I believe it has a lot of potential, but I couldn't find anything of this kind. Obviously the best would be the one with Baldur's Gate characters and locations, but I don't remember Beamdog announcing any projects like that :)

Do you guys have any game recommendations or thoughts on the topic? Personally I would love to see Beamdog make slightly more multiplayer-focused creation, within the Forgotten Realms Universe.

Comments

• MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291
    edited August 2018
    You heard of the multiplayer aspect of Neverwinter Nights EE?There are great creations out there. That ought to fulfill your needs...

There is also the MMORPGs Neverwinter and Dungeons and Dragons. Never played them, but I would assume they are just packed with action.
    Post edited by MonoCanalla on
  • StaranStaran Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 295
    As far as I know, there has been two forgotten realms mmos. Both called neverwinter.
    Played them both.
    First one was one of the first mmo. Really expensive. Really old school. Must be 30years old now.

The 2nd one is a gamble box game. I hate it with the intense heat of a super nova. A queue game. God cryptic sucks.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Skatan
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • StaranStaran Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 295
    Yes, neverwinter nights 1991, eh? I played it a few years later.
    But cryptic neverwinter...ugh. “I am just going to stay in the main city and queue up for quick dungeon crawls”. Is not what dnd is all about.
    I also don’t like the animation, but that is an asthetic choice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.