Skip to content

Viconia playing hard to get - BG2ee 2.5.16.6 ?

StormfinStormfin Member Posts: 28
In the lovetalk scripting I mean, not the actual story.

I can't even get the romance to start. As far as I'm aware , it should begin after roughly 30 mins of play time. But after leaving the game running for several hours, still nothing.

ee Keeper reveals the following -

VICONIAMATCH 1
VICONIAROMANCE 128382
VICONIAROMANCEACTIVE 1

So naturally, I don't understand what's going on. I first encountered this issue in a modded game, but have since encountered the same problem on a vanilla install.

The talks will only begin if I set the timer to 1.

Has anyone else encountered this?
Is there something totally obvious that I've missed?

I'm playing on Windows 10.

Comments

• StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    Viconia will romance a male human, half-elf, half-orc, or halfling player character (not elves or dwarves).
  • StormfinStormfin Member Posts: 28
    Hi,

Yeah, I checked for that. In the tests I've run, I've used a human monk or fighter.

As I say, the variable check out ok in ee keeper and I haven't modded the game or altered my save files at all. And I've left the game running for about 4 hours - still with no speaks.

Any other possibilities?
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 1,001
    edited August 2018
    Hi @Stormfin,

My only guess is that something is wrong with the timer, as you have stated that manually setting it to 1 triggers the talk. Do additional talks trigger after the manually triggered one?

If you want you can upload a broken savegame here and I'll investigate. Edit: I asked for the game version here, scratch that. I'm blind, it's in the title :p
    edited August 2018
    Hi @Bubb,
    I did wait to see if the second lovetalk would trigger normally after forcing the first, no success. I will keep trying though, as well as checking to see if the other two romances work. Jaheira's first talk pops up the moment I leave Gaelen's house, but maybe that's somehow scripted?

Here are several save files, all with the same problem. Maybe try "Monkey"?

Again, these are all on Vanilla install with a PC who is either Male Human Monk or Fighter. I swear I've eliminated all the usual suspects!

If you could check it out that would be awesome!

Edit: Have now checked by forcing the timer. The 2nd talk fires as it's supposed to, but now the 3rd one isn't!
    Post edited by Stormfin on
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 1,001
    I've looked at Viconia's script, and it appears that after every LoveTalk the timer is set to 50 minutes real-time. Here's everything that must be satisfied before she will talk to you, (I've omitted some that should not matter):

InParty(Myself) - Is Viconia in the party?

RealGlobalTimerExpired("ViconiaRomance","GLOBAL") - Is the 50 minutes up?

!AreaCheck("AR1300") - Is the party not on the outside of the De'Arnise Keep?

!AreaType(DUNGEON) - Is the party not in a dungeon?

See(Player1) - Does Viconia see Player1?

CombatCounter(0) - Is the party not currently in combat?

!See([ENEMY]) - Does Viconia not see any enemies?

!Range([NEUTRAL],10) - Are there no neutral creatures within 10 feet of Viconia?

All of these conditions must be met before she will talk to you. If you are in a city maybe there are neutral creatures preventing the talk from occurring. Try forcing the talk once then see if you can make all of the above conditions true.
    edited August 2018
    Thanks for looking into this.

Can confirm that talks are triggering at 50 min intervals with no neutrals in sight. I suspect I'm having the same/similar problem with Aerie and Jaheira.

Is there anyway to alter these variables back to default settings? Perhaps with console?

Edit: I found the "neutral range 10" script in Near Infinity. I'm just curious as to whether this has always been a pre-condition of a talk and whether it might be preventing romance from starting?
    Post edited by Stormfin on