Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Reloaded = BG1+TotSC ->NWN2 conversion

FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
After six years of hard work, it's finally here. I have so much respect for the BGR project team for pulling through and finishing this instead of abandoning it like so many others would have. They're my new favorite modders now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m6m0ia8COo

Get it here:
http://neverwinter.nexusmods.com/mods/794/?tab=1&navtag=/ajax/moddescription/?id=794&preview=&pUp=1

Report bugs here:
https://www.assembla.com/spaces/bgr-bugtracker/messages

Talk about it with other players here:
http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/19326/baldur-s-gate-reloaded-general

Also, for multiclassing your companions without being restricted to one class (To make Ajantis a Paladin/Divine Champion/Annointed Knight, for example), do this:

-Open the NWN2 Toolset (NWN2ToolsetLauncher.exe)
-Click on Plugins at the top -> Campaign Editor
-Select BGR
-In the box at the right, Under 'Behavior', click 'AllowUnrestrictedLevelUp' and change it to 'True.'
-Click 'Save Campaign' above the box, and you're finished.
Post edited by Flashburn on

Comments

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,212
    Wow, I really did not think they would actually finish it. Time to dust off my NWN!
  • WolkWolk Member Posts: 279
    I know what i'll do after my two last days of school!
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    While I don't entirely enjoy the gameplay of Neverwinter Nights... I do suppose I shall give this a go.
  • IsairIsair Member Posts: 217
    @Flashburn Very exciting news, a few questions if I may (feel free to redirect me should the information be listed elsewhere):

Since the xp in the original resulted in differing max levels depending on your class - I naturally assume as it's NWNs the level cap will be be the same for all classes, so what is max level for all classes? Ten (since that was the highest level one could accomplish in BG as a Thief, Bard & Druid)?

Also, how do the stats & class combinations match up compaired their inital BG counterparts? Characters such as Tiax (Cleric/Thief), Jaheria (Fighter/Druid), Coran (Fighter/Thief) etc combine two classes that aren't favoured classes for their race. How is this addressed? Regarding the stats, are they same as they were (str,dex,con etc)? I ask because it doesn't bode well for NPCs such as Xan.

Will mods work with Baldur's Gate Reloaded? I think the only one I have installed is additional classes (Enlighten spirit, Blood Magnus & Palemaster - closser to PnP counterpart). Or will I have to uninstall them?

& last but not least, items. Certain items such as the gauntlets of dex took scores to a set value. Will this remain the same or will they instead add a flat + to the stat?

Sorry to bombard you, it looks like you've done a fantastic job. I can't wait to play it!
  • FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477
    This is just amazing! I was never able to finish NWN2 because of its utterly boring story but I always loved the engine and this mod combines the best of the both worlds. Big Thanks for the authors of this project.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    edited June 2013
    @Isair
    -From what Mr. Rechner has said, there's no XP cap. Also I didn't make this, I'm just letting everyone here know about BG:R.

-I have no idea about the multiclassing thing. Montaron is a rogue/fighter but Jaheria is limited to just being a regular druid. I assume it will let me choose whatever classes I want when Monty levels up to 3 since I just started playing. To keep from getting an XP penalty, I'd suggest keeping base classes only 1 level apart from each other.

-Character stats seem to be legal in the point-buy system of NWN but they've tried to remain true to their original stats. Imoen doesn't have 18 DEX but she does have 16 INT. Likewise Jaheria has 14's across the board except in INT since getting 17 CON and remaining true to everything else is hard in the point-buy system.

-Kaedrin's PrC pack and a bunch of other stuff is being utilized so it would be better to clear out your override folders in your My Documents and Program Files versions of NWN2's override folders.

-Can't say about the magic items either; I just started. One thing I've noticed is that items that are hidden in pixel-hunty hidey-holes like the Ring of Wizardry and the diamond on the way to the FAI aren't there.
    @Flashburn Very helpful thank you.

I thought that might be the case with NPCs like Jaheria, hopefully we can pick what we'd like to advance characters in. I already have some exciting ideas for NPCs like Kagain (Fighter/Wizard/Eldritch Knight/Palemaster).

The rest will be surprises along the way.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Oh. My. God. It looks wonderful! All the NPCs look like how we expect them to be, how we picture them in our minds. And the areas, environment, everything looks so slick and cool!

I would LOVE to see some let's plays on youtube! Anyone willing to do some? If nothing, this is great inspiration to play BG:EE for a hundred times more. ^^
  • mylegbigmylegbig Member Posts: 292
    Impressive. I haven't played NWN2 in about 5 years. Looks it's time to reinstall it.
  • EntropyXIIEntropyXII Member Posts: 656
    Well done to them. Well done indeed. Now if only my crappy laptop could play NWN2 without overloading to extreme heat.
  • zur312zur312 Member Posts: 1,366
    what dnd verision is this baldur's gate? is it like original?
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    Awesome news !
  • Nic_MercyNic_Mercy Member Posts: 418
    zur312 said:

what dnd verision is this baldur's gate? is it like original?

Since it uses NWN2 it's using the 3.5 rules for D&D I believe
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    it came across my facebook as an update from obsidian..

Obsidian Entertainment
    So, um, this is pretty darn cool. And he used Neverwinter Nights 2 to do it!

http://kotaku.com/holy-hell-this-guy-re-created-all-of-baldurs-gate-in-511489475
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,212
    There's also an ongoing project to port BG2 to the Dragon Age engine. Watch the Irenicus cutscene after you break out of his dungeon on youtube, it looks pretty amazing!

Unfortunately, that mod is still very much unfinished, and given how long such projects take it may never be... but who knows!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited June 2013
    I congratulate the people involved in it but I think I'll stick with BGEE :D
    Post edited by elminster on
    so it is more like IWD2 rather than BG1
    edited June 2013
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    I so have to play that mod. I still have NWN2 and expansions, so this is on my to-do list foh sho.
    @zur312 Yep, which begs the question whether the IWD Remake team will bother with making IWD2 for NWN2. I find they have distinctly different playstyles so I hope so.

Not that I've downloaded the IWD Remake yet, I spent all of last night downloading Baldur's Gate Reloaded. Tonight I'll find out if I can get it to work.

Anyone thinking about their BGR PC/s & party combinations yet?
  • davendaven Member Posts: 112
    3D is overrated, give me 2D if anything!
  • alannahsmithalannahsmith Member Posts: 143
    I can't wait for my crappy internet connection to download this! :)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited June 2013
    zur312 said:

elminster said:

congradulate

1:34

Its fair to point that out lol. Not sure how I managed to spell congratulate wrong but I did.

I blame Google Chrome's spell checker for totally missing it :D
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 279
    This is amazing! May get NWN2 one day only to play this.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    I'm looking forward to it, should be a blast.
  • ToySoldierManToySoldierMan Member Posts: 16
    edited June 2013
    What you get is a complete remake of the original Baldur's Gate complete with Tales of the Sword Coast expansion!

http://neverwinter.nexusmods.com/mods/794/?

The amazing team of modders behind this mind-blowing 7-year project made it available completely FREE for everyone to enjoy. All you need to relive (or experience for the first time) the classic RPG epic in amazing 3D is a complete edition of Neverwinter Nights
    Post edited by ToySoldierMan on