Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Reloaded = BG1+TotSC ->NWN2 conversion

14567810»

Comments

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @Alexisisinneed, there's a package at Gog.com that includes all of NWN2 including Mask of the Betrayer and Storm of Zehir for only $20.
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418

@Alexisisinneed, there's a package at Gog.com that includes all of NWN2 including Mask of the Betrayer and Storm of Zehir for only $20.

And once you get it - installation is pretty much flawless no patches needed just install and play - I started a campaign for the OC, MOTB, and SOZ altho currently I am spending most of my time on the SOZ run. I'd have paid more than $20 for it even tho I have all the original disks (somewhere?)

• DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Darn you all making me spend monies!!
    I have been playing the Gog version for a while now - I have a run started in the OC, MOTB & SOZ (hardcore difficulty) and I'm just wondering if anyone else is finding battles easier than before?

I just did the Okku battle in MOTB and it was over before I even heard Gann say it was time to strike. Was there a late coming official patch that nerfed things at that difficulty at some point or is this perhaps only related to the Gog version (or am I (and the AI) just more awesome than I realized) LOL.

(I tried to post about this on the Bioware forums since it's not really about BGEE but something is wonky with the log-in - I can log-in fine but any action I take that moves me to a different page logs me out so I can't even post)
  • ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    Wanderon said:

I have been playing the Gog version for a while now - I have a run started in the OC, MOTB & SOZ (hardcore difficulty) and I'm just wondering if anyone else is finding battles easier than before?

I just did the Okku battle in MOTB and it was over before I even heard Gann say it was time to strike. Was there a late coming official patch that nerfed things at that difficulty at some point or is this perhaps only related to the Gog version (or am I (and the AI) just more awesome than I realized) LOL.

(I tried to post about this on the Bioware forums since it's not really about BGEE but something is wonky with the log-in - I can log-in fine but any action I take that moves me to a different page logs me out so I can't even post)

That's strange, I remember the Okku fight being very long and fulfilling, with summoned creatures and meteor swarms abound
    Yes I too recall the Okku battle being very challenging in the original requiring lots of strategic decisions much pausing and use of healing options or resurrections if one wasn't quick enough etc.

The battle with the death knights in the shadow temple was over very quickly as well as were a few battles in the early SOZ game that had been troublesome in the past - I had several restarts in SOZ and in spite of ignoring the crew in every one of the beach battles every party ended up with the "protector" feat for keeping everyone alive.

I did finally figure out I should post something on the GOG forums since the NWN2 forums are unavailable to me for some reason so maybe I'll get some info there.
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    I'm having some trouble with BGR and the NWN2 Client Extension (which I need just for the animation/ movement jerkiness with the timer issue).

I saw the CE mentioned a few times in posts in this thread, just wondering if other people had issues with it like mine, or have another work around for the glitch animation/movement issues.

The issue I am having is that when trying to transition from an area, the game client hangs when I click the "Travel" button on the overland map.

Anyone else encountered that and have a fix/workaround? BGR is working fine other than that (and being much more difficult than BG is ;).

Thanks.
  • WebShamanWebShaman Member Posts: 490
    I'm surprised that this has not been mentioned here yet - but Viconia only has a 5 Wis!!!! That means as a Cleric, she CANNOT cast spells!

It is so ridiculous, that I suspect that the Devs of BGR personally have something against Vikky. I will have to console level her, and change her to a Spirit caster as her Cha is 18.

Stupid, really stupid.
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    Sorry for the necromancy but some things needs to be said.

There have been two major updates that fix a lot of stuff, as well as Vic's 5 Wisdom. People experiencing bugginess in the module, might want to give it another try with the updates.

Personally, I made a pure Aasimar Paladin and having my own fun and planning a second playthrough perhaps.
  • newfiesailornewfiesailor Member Posts: 1
    Just tried to finish this mod, but it virtually becomes impossible due to bugs in the Baldur's Gate area. The quest with Alden Sashenstar is nearly gamebreaking, but there is a way around it. Other major quests go unrewarded due to bugs. This mod desperately needs another patch before I even consider finishing it. It was enjoyable until Baldur's Gate, but then becomes a terrible disappointment. Kudos to the man who put so much effort into it, but it still needs some work.
  • chrstnmonkschrstnmonks Member Posts: 176
    quick question how do you kick out a dead party member
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I'm not sure I remember correctly (I played this a very long time ago), but I think you have to get them raised, and then dismiss them through the conversation menus.
  • FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477
    The download link is gone and Google doesn't helped me too much either, am I really that impotent in my interwebz skills?
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Fredjo said:

The download link is gone and Google doesn't helped me too much either, am I really that impotent in my interwebz skills?

Here's the new link: http://www.nexusmods.com/neverwinter2/mods/794/?

• FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477

Fredjo said:

Here's the new link: http://www.nexusmods.com/neverwinter2/mods/794/?

Thank you for helping me and proving my impotency...very helpful rlly =P
    @chrstnmonks @BelgarathMTH
    Yup, I heard the same thing and I haven't found any other way to kick them out when dead.
    It's more of an engine limitation than anything though, I think.

If you don't to waste a scroll or gold or don't have Cleric with you, then use a cheat for it.

DebugMode 1
    dm_heal
    debugmode 0

I think that this should work.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    to which level the NPCs are reaching in the BGR?
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Apologies for the necro, but I thought that it might be worth notifying anyone who doesn't visit the Off Topic forum that the complete NWN2 is now on sale at GOG for only $8.

I've also been checking out videos from this YT playthrough of the mod, and I must say that I'm quite impressed with it.

• FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    I really tried to play it, but due to some crash issues between the mod and the clientextension mod (that is almost required to get NWN2 working smoothly on multi-core PC's) I've never gotten farther than the first two areas. =(

Neither devs wanted to look into the problem, so I gave up.
    Faydark said:

I really tried to play it, but due to some crash issues between the mod and the clientextension mod (that is almost required to get NWN2 working smoothly on multi-core PC's) I've never gotten farther than the first two areas. =(

Neither devs wanted to look into the problem, so I gave up.

This might just be your computer or NwN2's crappy engine in general.
    I played it to a point and gotten to Baldur's Gate city no problem on a fairly modern machine (Windows 7, quad-core etc).