Skip to content

#11137 Throwing axes and throwing hammers should add strength bonus to damage when ranged

TimebombTimebomb Member Posts: 20
edited January 2015 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
1. Start a new game with the Abdel pregenerated character
2. CLUA in a throwing axe (ax1h04) and "The Brick" (ohnhamm1)

Observed
Damage from high strength isn't applied when weapon is selected as thrown

Expected
Like slings and daggers, which currently do receive the bonus, thrown axes and hammers should have strength bonuses applied

Notes
You can observe the problem with the Dwarven Thrower as well, if you test with a dwarf. or with any of the magical returning axes.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• SparkjSparkj Member Posts: 1
    bug also exists in android version
  • MaxxximusMaxxximus Member Posts: 322
    edited January 2015
    Timebomb said:

1. Start a new game with the Abdel pregenerated character
    2. CLUA in a throwing axe (ax1h04) and "The Brick" (ohnhamm1)

Observed
    Damage from high strength isn't applied when weapon is selected as thrown

Expected
    Like slings and daggers, which currently do receive the bonus, thrown axes and hammers should have strength bonuses applied

Notes
    You can observe the problem with the Dwarven Thrower as well, if you test with a dwarf. or with any of the magical returning axes.

Checked in near infinity and yes throwing axe (ax1h04) and "The Brick" (ohnhamm1) don't have flag strength bonus. But +2 throwing axe have so maybe it's not a bug. BTW dwarven thrower have str bonus when melee
  • TimebombTimebomb Member Posts: 20
    To be precise, it seems that the AX1H06 version of the Throwing Axe +2 is the only thrown axe that does get strength bonus. the AX1H05 version of the Throwing Axe +2 and every other thrown axe do not. Neither do the thrown hammers.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Tagged
    Thanks
    edited January 2015
    Timebomb said:

To be precise, it seems that the AX1H06 version of the Throwing Axe +2 is the only thrown axe that does get strength bonus. the AX1H05 version of the Throwing Axe +2 and every other thrown axe do not. Neither do the thrown hammers.

Let's wait for @Gate70‌ he will "clear" this up for us.
    Dow i'm typing really slow ;)
    edited April 2015
    i like cherry pie
    Post edited by Maxxximus on
  • sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    Thx Thrasymachus/Maxxximus + YOU here Timebomb to have pointed me on that again.. now i'm sure too so.. nice to know the expected behaviour once for all now.. at least... (and of course, as they alxways say here.. 'will be fixed in .. 'the next patch' so!!..) .. well, at least we can correct that manually for ourselves now... even if another pain in the a**.. but well, possible at least now.. that's legit so! yes! great) :*) ;)
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Just a note for anyone who finds this: The fix that Maxxximus uploaded uses an incorrect flag. This incorrect flag causes an erroneous strength bonus to thac0 as well as to damage for all the items that have it. I have made a fix with the correct flag that only gives a strength bonus to damage. My fix is attached here.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I made a simple error when making my earlier fix and it didn't work. This one is guaranteed to work.
  • by_the_swordby_the_sword Member Posts: 42
    This also happens on the Mac version.