Skip to content

#17246 Mage stronghold apprenti should not fail to leave once their tasks are done

laeknirlaeknir Member Posts: 58
edited November 2015 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
Not sure if this is a bug or something I did wrong, but my mage stronghold seems to be stalled just before graduation. I'm playing an evil party, but I like to see all three graduate, so I had them do nothing for their third task (so they should all survive). At the time, it seemed to complete fine, but after the graduation hadn't triggered after a few days I went back and talked to Morul. This time he said one of them had died (all three were active) and trying to talk to the others ended up with a strange "no dialogue possible" message (I can't remember the exact wording). I went off and did the Underdark, and 20-some days later still no graduation, and they all seem idle - two tell me to talk to Morul, and he just greets me.

I am running the Mac OSX version (OS 10.10.4) purchased from Beamdog, and everything's updated to the latest version.

I did apply one cheat, spawning books to increase stats for my main character, but I run no other mods or cheats, and I don't use the old character editor. My main was imported from BGEE also Beamdog purchased. I've had no other errors or anything weird happen at all.

Any thoughts? Did I screw something up?

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• laeknirlaeknir Member Posts: 58
    If it helps, here's a save game right after it started happening.

Since this save was made, I've played out through the underdark, 20 or so days later, came back and still no graduation, just stuck here.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Hi @laeknir I thought I'd done this for you but might have been a couple of people with this issue at the same time. Anyway, save edited to go back a bit and you'd have to redo the last "do nothing" part of the quest.
    edited August 2015
    Gate70 said:

Hi @laeknir I thought I'd done this for you but might have been a couple of people with this issue at the same time. Anyway, save edited to go back a bit and you'd have to redo the last "do nothing" part of the quest.

Thanks! It's interesting, though... using this save, if I talk to Morul, I can choose the "don't make anything else" option as I wanted. If you immediately talk to him again, I get that weird error about him saying Larz is dead, then a message all in red about "no valid links". Probably I should just not talk to him the second time, and let it play out, but I think it's the talking to him the second time that caused my error.

Anyway, thanks for this!

EDIT: I just reloaded and tried this again, and several more times, and they're teleporting now as they should. Not sure what happened the first time I used the save, but I can't seem to replicate it. All seems to be well, much appreciated!

EDIT2: Reloaded the game from the launcher, and this time it stalled where they don't teleport out. I'm betting this is some really rare bug, not sure what to say. But it does seem pretty rare. It seems most of the time they will teleport out as they should. Thanks again for the response and the dialed back save.
    Yes, I'm unable to repro consistently so not worked out yet why it happens.
    Gate70 said:

Yes, I'm unable to repro consistently so not worked out yet why it happens.

No worries, I just thought I should mention it. I've moved on into ToB-EE. :smile:
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Repro steps:
    1. Load attached save game.
    2. Wait for Nara to start casting a visual effect spell (not for her to have a visual effect played over her, but for her to cast a spell. You will know she does this when she starts moving her hands.)
    3. While Nara is in the process of casting a spell, speak to Morul and choose dialog options 4,1.

Observed: The apprenti do not leave and the global variables required for the continuation of the mage stronghold quest do not get set. Speaking to Morul a second time gives a NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS dialog.

Expected: The apprenti should leave and the proper global variables should be set.

Notes:
    To give a more technical description of what is happening:
    The actions that should be performed in MGAPPR03.dlg, action 1 do not get performed if MGAPPR03.cre is in the process of casting one of its visual effect spells as commanded by its script, APPRENTI.bcs, at the time the dialog was initiated with MGAPPR02.cre

Believe it or not, this bug happens more often than you may think. It happened to me about 3 times in a row while I was trying to figure out the cause of the issue.
    Tagged
    Thanks