Skip to content

Ajantis starting HP and Paladin weapon specializations

So I just recruited Ajantis in my party with my own level 5 paladin who has 70 HP btw, and Ajantis is a level 6 with 16 constitution but he has only 45 HP?? That is absolutely terrible, why does he start so low with such a high constitution??

Also, when you go to Kit Description if you have a paladin it says for a feature that they can allocate 2 slots in any fighting style and 3 slots in two weapon fighting. Now when I think of generic paladin they always have a sword and shield, and when I think of ranger like Drizzt i think of two weapon style. Is this an over-sight because it doesn't seem right IMO.

Comments

• sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    You're playing with max HP rolls on. NPCs join as though it wasn't on. The average level 6 paladin with 16 constitution will have 47 HP, so he's only slightly behind that.

Any warrior-type guy can gain 3 pips in dual-wielding. If you feel it doesn't fit paladins, don't put pips in it.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    With regards to the fighting style bit, it's just saying that he's able to reach max rank in any fighting style, the same as any other warrior class.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    edited December 2012
    Paladins have d10 hitdice, so every level they get between 1-10 hp, averaging out on five. A constitution of 16 gives +2 on this. So his average HP at level 6 would be 6x5+6x2=42hp. He's actually above average.

Your paladin must have 18 con (+4hp bonus) and with difficulty on Easy, max rolls on all hitpoints.
    5x10+5x4=70

You're just superuber, he's normal.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Drugar said:

Paladins have d10 hitdice, so every level they get between 1-10 hp, averaging out on five.

The average roll of 1D10 is actually 5 and a half.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    TJ_Hooker said:

Drugar said:

Paladins have d10 hitdice, so every level they get between 1-10 hp, averaging out on five.

The average roll of 1D10 is actually 5 and a half.
    I'm a pessimist, the hitdie is half empty.
  • DaelricDaelric Member Posts: 266
    I'm playing on normal but yes, with max HP rolls.
  • BigityBigity Member Posts: 98
    But NPCs don't have hit points calculated that way.
  • DaelricDaelric Member Posts: 266
    But the other NPCs aren't the main protagonist Bhaalspawn either. Maybe fate always rolls his/her to the highest ;)
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    Drugar said:

Paladins have d10 hitdice, so every level they get between 1-10 hp, averaging out on five. A constitution of 16 gives +2 on this. So his average HP at level 6 would be 6x5+6x2=42hp. He's actually above average.

Your paladin must have 18 con (+4hp bonus) and with difficulty on Easy, max rolls on all hitpoints.
    5x10+5x4=70

You're just superuber, he's normal.

You're forgetting you always have max rolls for first level, so you need to add another 5 into that.
  • BigityBigity Member Posts: 98
    No, no you don't. Certain difficult settings on the game do that, but not AD&D rules. So, likely the NPCs don't follow that either.