Skip to content

Let multiclassess choose their sprite look

So I'm playing fighter/thief and I get a fighter sprite by default.
But I would prefer to have a thief sprite.
Make it possible to choose a sprite in "customize" options.
The sprites you could choose would be only from the classess of your multiclass (so there would be no fighter/mage looking like bard).

I know that thief sprites wouldn't probably have their helmets displayed, but I don't care. I want my hood :(

Comments

• AurenRavidelAurenRavidel Member Posts: 139
    edited July 2012
    In both BG1 and BG2 multiclass or dual class characters had a default appearance based on their class, which seemed to default to fighter>cleric>thief>mage. So, for example, if you had a half-elf fighter/mage he had the appearance of a fighter (rather than getting to wear the robes). I'd like to see more options for your character's appearance, giving players the choice which model best represents their character.

Shadowkeeper allowed you to change this. I don't think it'd be a difficult feature to implement and would prefer not having to resort to mods to do it.
  • WindsongWindsong Member Posts: 21
    I agree. I used Shadowkeeper to change my Kensai to the Mage appearance and equipped him with medium robes like the Traveller's Robe, which made him look great.

But with the changes to the engine for BGEE, Shadowkeeper may not even work with BGEE. So, an option in-game to change appearance would be most welcome. I just can't picture my Kensai running around Amn with shorts on.
  • FenghoangFenghoang Member Posts: 160
    I very much agree with this. I always hated the way my Kensai/Mage looked with the default Fighter appearance. I vastly preferred the Mage appearance, because robes actually altered my appearance when I equipped them, instead of looking like I run around armorless.

I also preferred the Thief appearance when I made a Fighter/Thief purely because of the hooded look.
  • FrozenDervishFrozenDervish Member Posts: 295
    Making all of my characters use the mage appearance cause nothing says badass like wearing a cloak and hood with a giant 2h sword or halberd.
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    True. But what I would want even more is to have layered player appearance. If you wear this robe in inventory screen for instance, you'd have a character with a robe in the game. Jagged Alliance 2 mods even made that possible, I'm sure a dedicated professional team can even make something better...but then again, maybe not...time is always an issue, always.
  • FrozenDervishFrozenDervish Member Posts: 295
    Well the thing is they've already stated that they will not make new sprites so the best thing you can hope for would be the changing of the avatar from a fighter to a wizard when wearing a robe.
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    This exists in both the tweak pack, and a more updated / streamlined version in 1pp thieve's galore:

~1PP_THIEVES_GALORE/SETUP-1PP_THIEVES_GALORE.TP2~ #0 #3 // 1ppv3: Improved Improved Galactygon's Avatar Switching

Automagically switches the avatar depending on the type of armor. it works great in the BG2 engine (IWD couldn't quite handle this functionality).
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 278
    Yeah! I always wanted my fighter to have longer hair...
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    Yea, I'm not sure if many people know this exists. I wonder if Beamdog is going to implement it since they're using some of the 1pp stuff?
  • szdobosszdobos Member Posts: 36
    Hi!

I love this game, and like to have a good multi class character. My problem is the pour appearance of this characters. If you are a mage-something and try to wear a robe, than this robe doesn't appear in the game. Why is that?
    So, if you can, it will be very good to make a change in this.
    THANKS!! :))
  • SilenceSilence Member Posts: 437
    Yeah, this annoys me too. I often change my appearance manually. To do this, I use 'Avatar Morphing Script' (from one of the Gibberlings mods) or Shadowkeeper. But it looks like I'll have to wait a bit for that though...
  • SenashSenash Member Posts: 405
    Great idea! Fully support it!
    How does it work with dual classes? You keep the first one? It would be cool if you could choose there too?
  • MilochMiloch Member Posts: 863
    All multi/dual combos use one of the class animations. I believe for fighter combos, it's always a fighter, and so on. I believe this is hardcoded and could probably be externalised to an .ini or .2da file or something of that nature. Maybe something @ScottBrooks could look into.
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    definitely something I think would be a great addition :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    Some mods would make characters change appearance automatically based on what armor (or robe) they were wearing, including 1PP, which is being implemented. So there's a hope that this will be a feature in EE.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Is this not something which will be picked up and addressed with the inclusion of parts of 1PP in BGEE?
    Thanks the reactions! I hope too, that this will include the game. Cant wait the end of november! :))
  • AbcoeAbcoe Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    When a character is dual classed into a mage and wears a robe, the robe does not appear on the character. The unarmored look of the first class just has the colors changed. This always bugged me in the original. Any way to make a change to this?
    Post edited by Coriander on
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    I'd ask a modder about this. Not sure if the current mods are working though.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    You would have to be able to have 2 paper dolls, which I don't know if the IE would support. Maybe at least add the ability for you to choose?

Say if you started out as a Fighter then dual classed to Mage, you choose which one you want in the UI.
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    edited November 2012
    There are mods that have enabled the double paper doll for multiclassed mages - when you equip robes you get mage appearance, in armor you get thief / fighter appearance. I thought they would have implemented that into BGEE.

I just tried dualing my swashbuckler early to check this, and no you dont get the mage appearance with robes, thats just terrible, it leaves you as an unarmored rogue with a slight colour change.
    Well this isnt included in the game, when you equip robes of a thief / mage, you dont get to see the robes, you just keep your unarmored thief paper doll which sucks. In BGTutu and BG2, your appearance would change to a mage on a multi / dual class mage if you equipped robes, I cant believe they didnt implement this into BGEE.
    Mungri said:

Well this isnt included in the game, when you equip robes of a thief / mage, you dont get to see the robes, you just keep your unarmored thief paper doll which sucks. In BGTutu and BG2, your appearance would change to a mage on a multi / dual class mage if you equipped robes, I cant believe they didnt implement this into BGEE.

Noooo...... :(
  • AbcoeAbcoe Member Posts: 1
    I guess I'll have to check out mods. I was hoping it would be integrated into BG:EE
    Yes, this is very annoying.
    This has single handedly ruined my enjoyment of playing a Thief / Mage compared to BG Tutu.
  • ZarathustraZarathustra Member Posts: 25
    edited November 2012
    Kind of realy retarded when you think of it with multi-class like clerk/mage. Its like yeah im gonna wear a full plate and say "fuck all" to my mage spell book... as if... and yet by default you get the clerk skin. But dont worry there is still ways to make shadowkeeper work to change your pc apparence(http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8113/shadowkeeper-le-gatekeeper-de-bgee)

-Endure, in enduring grow strong.(specially when rolling a new character!)
    Post edited by Zarathustra on