Skip to content

Possibility of EE without the extra content?

So, given that a lot of mods are going to be created for BGEE (SCS is already on the way) and since i (and probably many more like me) am a bit of a purist: I would love to play a final version of this, with the new GUI, resolution, SCS, etc. Just without any of the new content. No Neera, No Rasaad, no Dorn, no new items, just the classic Baldur's Gate, but looking better.

I'm wondering, is such a thing possible to do?

Comments

• EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    play TuTu..
  • CooperCooper Member Posts: 18
    Lol just don't use them. As much as I love Rasaad and Neera, there's no reason that you have to use any of them.
  • AlexDeLargeAlexDeLarge Member Posts: 273
    Obviously i can do that with NPC's. Items, however, are a different story. Kind of hard to ignore and not use any of the new ones, i'd rather they didn't exist in the first place. Not a fan of abundance of magical gear and i heard some of them are quite OP. The introduction of Katanas is very welcome though.
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    So you can ignore NPCs, but not items?

Funny, I find the opposite to be true. If you think something is overpowered or whatever, just don't pick it up.
  • HuttjHuttj Member Posts: 8

Obviously i can do that with NPC's. Items, however, are a different story. Kind of hard to ignore and not use any of the new ones, i'd rather they didn't exist in the first place. Not a fan of abundance of magical gear and i heard some of them are quite OP. The introduction of Katanas is very welcome though.

From perusing threads, most of the new items seem to be +1/2 versions of weapons that were not in the original BG, but were in BG2 (throw axes, katanas, wakizashis, etc). What OP weapons are you thinking of?
  • AlexDeLargeAlexDeLarge Member Posts: 273
    That +1 Con Buckler is pretty damn good, considering u can get Regen while using it. But looking at the Magic items list in EE thread, most of them seem quite balanced (maybe those acid darts could be OP).
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    Regen is not going to help you in any way during your fights.

And there was already buckler +1 dex.
    I wouldn't call any of new items OP.
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    Dorn's sword is OP.

It doesn't mention it in the item, but the Rancor buff stacks up to 5 times. After chunking some kobolds with it, it's effectively a +5 weapon that only gives +1 bonus damage.

But, other than that, I'm not seeing anything that really deserves OMFGNERNOW treatment.