Skip to content

Neera dialogue bug

ADHDADHD Member Posts: 9
edited January 2013 in Not An Issue
hey, like a lot of people I seem to have a bug with Neera, some time around the attack of the bandits camp I had the dialogue about Wild Magic, the one that really hinted the romance (when a t the end of the dialogue she said that we wqould talk about it ''when we will have more time to enjoy it or something). Since then the only other dialogue I had with her was the one with Neeklin. I'm at the catacomb under candlekkep and still nothing have change, so, just want to know if there have been fix for that and if not when will it have one
ps: yeah sorry if my english isn't great
also, I already made her quest (with Adoy)
Post edited by Jalily on
Arthmoor

Comments

• ArthmoorArthmoor Member Posts: 9
    I'm having similar issues. Things progressed in her romance up to the point of telling me we'd enjoy it more when there was more time for that. Which was fine for the first couple of times.

The problem in my case is that she has a bug in her dialogue setup at the point of talking to Malkin or Neelkin or whoever it was that she ripped off for 200 gold. I paid the guy off, because killing him with Flaming Fist standing around nearby would have been bad. :P

As soon as I did that, she approached and repeated the same dialogue where you get to kiss her or whatever the first time. Over and over. Got stuck in a loop and wouldn't let me out. I think I may have accidentally used the option that complains about her whining about it because she's gone completely silent since then. Never has anything to talk about.

I should have kept an affected save, but didn't think to do so. Nor did I think to just drop it at the time and reload. It's much too late to go back now.

Until this can get looked into, is there a console command that can be used to repair this problem? At least to get her back to the point where we can talk again?
  • Ultima75000Ultima75000 Member Posts: 12
    I find it annoying that sometimes a lot of the dialog does not come up period. You almost have to go through the game at a certain pace to get it and even then it fails to happen.

First playthrough with her I got all the way to Adoy without a problem except it took roughly two months of in game days for her to talk again and by that point I was already doing crap for the Flaming Fist. Didn't even get too see the supposed encounter in Baldur's Gate that someone told me about.

Second playthrough be resuming a much farther back save file, she spoke about the first kiss again and when I got into Baldur's Gate I went and found that annoying halfling Meklin. I paid him off and now she hasn't spoken a peep through out the rest of the game.

Third Playthrough using save past save file did everything like the second again and this time I tried to check the timers or variables in the console.

I've tried CLUAConsole (viewing and editing) and I've tried using Shadowkeeper to view it and edit it and still I've gone through without anything after the annoying halfling or before that. There's no guide to the enhanced edition's extra quests I'm stuck if thats really the end or a bug.

For help on the CLUAConsole I followed this page: http://davelevy.info/bg2/Jaheira/cluaconsole.html
  • ADHDADHD Member Posts: 9
    I've looked with infinity explorer, and it seem to be that it's just the end of the romance, guess there will be a follow up in BG2 EE
    The_Guilty_Party
  • ArthmoorArthmoor Member Posts: 9
    What about in my case where instead of rerunning the kiss part over again she just refuses to talk now?
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    added to tracker, but i think the content ends there as of now.
  • Daelyn75Daelyn75 Member Posts: 24
    The console commands don't seem to work with BG EE. For one, there is no recognizable ini file, for two that info is 14 years old.

I've had a kiss with Neera, but then she accidentally petrified herself when fighting. Doing so auto kicked her from the group. When I brought her back, she immediatly walked up to me and told me how dare I kick her from the group. I brought her back in and then nothing since then.

With the EE keeper, I can see that it says that she has been kicked from the group. If I uncheck that, save the save file, will it continue the romance from there on? I'm now in Siege of Dragonspear, at the beginning, but I was hoping to continue the romance from there.