Skip to content

The famous/infamous Ascension mod - Killer of a puzzle, or just a really messed up bug?

FyreFyre Member Posts: 28
edited December 2012 in General Modding
Yes, I am playing the loved/hated Ascension mod for the second time, and I have encountered......bumb-da-bum-bum! I PROBLEM! I remember it drove me crazy (Literally, I skipped lunch....) Last time I encountered this part of the game. Due to the fact I have Irenicus in my party (The Longer Road mod - Total Pwnage!) and some other issues (ie; To high reputation) Belthazar attacked me. I, of course, dispatched him quickly, and got his Journal. Mellisan/Amylysan appears as usual. However, no black out/Solar scene.

For those who have played the mod, I am pretty sure you know what I am getting to.

I go to the Elven Grove in the Forest of Tethyr/Tethir and fight the fallen solar. Guess what? Nothing happens. Her/Him and His/Her party of Demons where dead, and I was reigning champion.

Now what? My Journal mentioned that I need to learn something from the Stone Faces/Spirits. None of them talk to me.

Any suggestions?
Post edited by AndreaColombo on

Comments

• ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    It's probably a bug in Longer Road...it's pretty buggy, so I stopped using it. Ascension though is great by itself.
  • FyreFyre Member Posts: 28
    *Bump*

@ZanathKariashi

I agree, it is buggy as heck, but I had this same problem before I even knew Longer Road existed.

I am pretty sure the real problem is with me. I just forgot what to do.
    I hate double posting. But........

*Bump*
    My last post here, as usual. I hate it when the active forum bumps down millions of post........But, if you think about it.......that IS a good thing. :P
    I would LOVE some help here.

And before anyone comments, YES. I DO FEEL GUILTY FOR SPAM POSTING.
  • GrizzlyGrizzly Member Posts: 5
    edited December 2012
    Have you tried going around in The Gibberlings 3, The SHS forums, PPG or any of those other places for help? I am sure that a dedicated modder can help you out. Where is The Longer Road actually hosted?
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,527
    This belongs to the Modding forum.

Moved.
  • LoremasterLoremaster Member Posts: 212
    LR is hosted by Spellhold
  • secretfiresecretfire Member Posts: 63
    This has nthing to do with ascension. Get rid of the longer road. The problem -will- go away. This has nothing to do with ascension, and is probably too many mods. Are you using the Big Picture mod?
    No, I am not running the Big Picture mod. And I encountered this same bug playing the vanilla game, with nothing but the ascension. The problem is, I cannot remember how I fixed it. Most likely a CLUA command bug, or script error. Anyone know the variable that dictates Solar's appearances?