Skip to content

Some bugs in Multiplayer games, and some advices

shohyshohy Member Posts: 9
edited December 2012 in Fixed
When the program feels that one of the guest players can't connect the host on game start, it keeps us waiting for five or more minutes. Nothing can be done until the program detects dropping of the guest.
May the detection be much more industrious, thus the waiting time can be reduced.

When the host player closes a game and creates a new one, he often sees that his guests are already in the game. Infact, the guests didn't make any connection. Several minutes are required for the program to detect dropping of guests. And sometimes, position of the host is hold by an already dropped guest, which results that no one can do any operations in the room.
May the detection of dropping of guests be more frequent, or a detection of 'which player is the host' be added.

When a guest player input the host IP address incorrectly, the game always crashes.
May the game gives a report of 'connection can't be done' but not a crash.

'The black pits' has a special save folder. In multiplayer games, a BP game can one be loaded from the special folder, but the multiplayer game is saved in folder for multiplayer games. What I only can do is to copy the saves to another folder, but sometimes the copied saves can not be read, covered or deleted in the game.
May the folder of BP multiplayer games be well considered.

And the last problem, the synchrony of players. The problem often appears in a 3 or more players game. When the program feels that one of the guest players can not connect another well, it does nothing, which results that they can't see each other correctly, e.g. when a battle is finished in the black pits and the team go to the rest room, the two players see characters of each other still stand in the arena, and during the battle they see each other in the rest room and make no contribution.
May the function of synchrony between all players be applied. We do not require a brand-new and excellet Multiplayer game function. It will be enough for us that a Multiplayer game of BG can work as the game NWN1 or Diablo2 released 12 years before.
Post edited by shohy on

Comments

• Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    I had the same bug yesterday: my wife was crashing (host), I remained in the game until it dropped me. Then my wife loaded the last save game, but my name was there as host and first player, not hers.

Black Pits: it is hard to believe that no one tried out to play this as Multiplayer. Strange.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    multiplayer Black Pits is registered as #1131
    the rest of the multiplayer issues will be hopefully fixed with the MP lobby implemented and maintained by BeamDog.