Skip to content

Grey bags

If I remember correctly, the backpacks are supposed to be brown colored when not full, and grey when they are from the previous BGs right? So why is it that in the BG EE the bags are ALL default grey? Don't get it. It's been bothering me, minor though it is.

As has the fact that inventory management is still clunky, way too click intensive and time consuming (and more importantly, not fun--but I guess they didn't get a license to change that, or couldn't be bothered to spare the resources reworking the whole system).

Comments

• styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    Do you want the developers to come to your house and click the items for you, personally rearranging your bags? Jesus Christ.
  • MythdraconMythdracon Member Posts: 187
    Is that what my post said? No. Please be something more than snide, and something closer to helpful. Geez.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Yeah, I agree with you, although like you said it's pretty minor. I'm not sure if it's a bug, but I kinda think it is because I can't think of any reason why they would remove it.
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    I didn't notice this....
  • paulsifer42paulsifer42 Member Posts: 267
    It did used to do the brown/grey thing, but I'm not sure if it warrants a thread.

I did notice (after playing KOA: Reckoning) that it is a little annoying to have to click on every item that you want, and then not have a 'junk pile,' but honestly, it just made me realize that games have been moving somewhat forward. Granted, we haven't seen a story like BG for a while, but they are fixing some things. It makes me hope for even better games in the future.
  • Napkin_LadNapkin_Lad Member Posts: 12
    Where are these grey bags?
  • OurQuestIsVainOurQuestIsVain Member Posts: 201
    The grey bag is one of those little things that I noticed too. It isn't really a big deal but still I think it is something that could be fixed rather easily. I think one of the main reasons this game is going to tablets and ipads is because it is so click intensive. You could play the entire game never having used the keyboard. This is just how the game has always been since it first came out.
  • Aasimar069Aasimar069 Member Posts: 803
    edited December 2012
    The "grey" bag is another of those silly changes.

In the original games, the color changed from brown to grey was useful to make us notice that the bag was full.

When you are looting a chest or many corpses, you'd like to be sure to know you can no longer fill your bag with stuff.

Since there is no really an animation showing items going to your inventory, this icon change was appropriate to tell you when it was full or not.
  • kingthrallkingthrall Member Posts: 76
    yeh me too.

I always remembered the bag only being grey if all the inventory slots were filled.
  • MythdraconMythdracon Member Posts: 187
    It's kinda sad. Seeing the small things remain the same as in the original is often a good thing where those small things were useful, humorous or meaningful. Right now we just have dull looking grey bags all the time...what, are they filled with ash? =|