Skip to content

Proficiency-Attacks per round (non fighter class)

I rolled a swashbuckler instead of a fighter/thief thinking if I put 2 points in the longsword proficiency I would gain an APR or half an APR. Upon noticing that it did not add the promised APR I thought I had run into a bug due to the wording of the proficiency description. After that I looked at the forums I noticed a few threads on it and realized its been a resolved issue and that its stated somewhere on character creation that you must be a fighter or some such to receive the APR... (just checked didn't see it).

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/3625/fixed-forum-compiled-list-pt-2#latest
- The exclusivity of APR bonuses to fighter classes is indicated at Character Generation. (@Boaster)

It'd be nice if swashbucklers (being the exception to the whole weapon specialization rule) could get some warning of their weapon specialization not working as stated in their kit description, or getting the APR associated with the second point in the proficiency. As it is something to consider when going warrior/thief or giving up backstab and going swashbuckler.

Thanks,

Haedrath