Skip to content

[bug] Operating Doors

LuneverLunever Member Posts: 307
edited November 2012 in Original BG2 Bugs
Current behaviour:
Many doors can be operated only from 1 position, which means you can't open or close them from the other side of the door.
Also, often when you enter a map, the door by which you entered in theory is closed.

Expected behaviour:
Doors should be operable from both sides, passed doors should be open.
Post edited by Balquo on
AndreaColomboCuvlansounetKienaFake_Sketch

Comments

• CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    That may be a difficult fix. Doors are integrated in the .ARE, .WED and .TIS. Interactivity is set in the .WED and can be moved, but.... It's possible, but likely the devs wont want to recompile the area files.

As for opening and closing doors, that can be done via script... so part of what you propose could be doable. I will look into it. Do you know of a specific door that you would like to see fixed? Maybe if I can fix it, they will do more. I need the area number and generally where the door is the area.
    AndreaColombo
  • LuneverLunever Member Posts: 307
    edited June 2012
    Example: In the entrance room of Athkatla's lower graveyard crypts Jaheira got "confused" by a spell of a pursuing Lich (Liches are incredibly hard when you have installed SCS 1+2), and ran into one of that little chambers. In order to protect her from the pursuing Lich (and the party from her) Korgan closed the door and then - being severly wounded - fled with the party back down the corridor. Now, a few rounds later when th confusion effect faded, I couldn't leave with Jaheira, because the open door position was on the other side of the door.
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    @Cuv That would be AR0802, all doors except Door09 which is secret/can't be closed.
    Thanks! Okay, Korgan's Book of Kaza/Edwin Nether Scroll quest area. Those little rooms have the place where a door can be opened on the steps.

The door I am looking at is flagged Bit6 Unknown for door properties. We need it to stay open once opened? Wish we knew all the unknowns! I can't add another spot for the door to be opened from the inside, it only allows one per door. Perhaps we can request some added functionality to the engine to allow that? Or perhaps one of the other unknowns does exactly what we want?
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    With DLTCEP you can set 2 locations to operate a door. These ones here I guess devs wanted to prevent players from hiding in there, they set both locations at the same point so they can only be operated from outside. Or possibly an oversight, who knows?
    LuneverAvenger_teambgBhryaen
    Alright then, that is just a door flag point. another might be added without having to recompile the area. I didnt check it DLTCEP, that is IETME in the pic. So basically this can be fixed. Will put an 'insightful' on the OPs post with this new information.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    As others said earlier, each door has 2 operating points, but for some reason they might be nerfed or just plain buggy. Doors like these should be individually reported and considered.