Skip to content

Intel HD1000 - Is this Chip enough overall?

Hey Guys!

At the moment i play on a laptop with an integrated Intel HD1000 Chipset (Intel i3). Do you think that this Graphic Chip have the power to ever play BG:EE without lag on it, or is it just too weak for the 3D effects, so that i should think about playing BG1 on the old Version?

G
Fckthwrld

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited December 2012
    You might want to consider BG the original.
  • fluffybunny2012fluffybunny2012 Member Posts: 10
    edited December 2012
    Do you have any expiriences or do you know acquaintances? Or did you just guess?

Or - maybe another way - is there anywhere at the beginning of the game a place where i can "test" my performance, to see how it works if more is going on on the screen? Maybe the Blackpits or something like that?
    I used to play BG with an intel graphics card many years ago, but I can't say I've played with one for a long time. Certainly too long to be relevant to this discussion now that I think about it lol.

The game does not support intel graphics chipsets, and needs at a minimum opengl 2.0 to work. Your chipset, assuming I'm reading this right, should have 3.1 opengl. So it may actually work, its hard to say. Ultimately its going to have to be your call. I'm able to run the game fairly well on a laptop using a nvidia 8400 gs graphics card, and it only has 2.1 opengl (the intro video is slow though but gameplay is fine).

They seem to have gotten rid of the configuration feature which let you "test" Baldur's Gate 2 (BG1 never had one).

If you do buy it and run into problems try this link.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/7385/important-regarding-intel-hardware-driver-issues-slow-game-performance/p1
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Seems okay with an Intel HD 4000, but that's quite alot faster (this on a mid-2012 Macbook Air)
    edited December 2012
    I bought it already because i thought it would run properly.

So, one last question, are there parts in the maingame that are more hardwareintense than the blackpits, or are there so many enemys that you could say "if your pc runs the blackpits well, it will run the main game well, too"?

thank you two for your thoughts so far!
    edited December 2012
    The largest fights in the game will involve your (up to 6 party) vs maybe 9 opponents. Lots of spell casting may slow you down, but that will probably be more of an issue in BG2EE than it is now. I'm maybe 6 fights in to the black pits, but I get the feeling from it that if you can run it you can run the main campaign (I've been playing the main campaign for more than ten years so that I'm sure of). That is so long as they address the bugs they've been having.

thank you very much!