Skip to content

Can we NOT over-enhance inventory!?

13»

Comments

• Wikkid_SuhnWikkid_Suhn Member Posts: 136
    @Tiggrr: Fantastic idea! I like @Aosaw 's expansion of it as well.
  • ElysElys Member Posts: 100
    ^Agree. That would be nice.
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    I agree wi that too.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Add a button to notes and letters, kind of like "Write in Spellbook", which is labeled "Write to Journal". Consumes the letter, and adds the text to your journal in a "letters" section.
    Sounds reasonable to me.
    Great idea. It'd be great if some of these great ideas around here like this one make it into the game. Developers have not been very active on most of these topics from what I've seen thou

• Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514

[...] the Bag of Holding is an item of immense value and should not be easily accessible, if at all, in BG.
    [...]

Bottom line for me is, ease-of-use does not necessarily make the game better! The challenge is a core part of the game!

I don't know about that. There was a letter, I think it was in Nashkeel mines, that mentioned that one of Sarevok's lackeys (Tranzig?) was 'equipped with multiple bags of holding' to move around more easily. I remember my immense disappointment when I found the guy in question, sacked his corpse and all furniture nearby, and finally realized there were no bags of holding to be had. No even one! :(

As for a challenge... it's still there, believe me. The containers do have limited capacity after all. In BG2 I kept buying every container I could get my hands on, and I still had to dump some redundant cargo every few hours. :P
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    i love how if you start a new game in ToB that bag of holding can hold 3000 items, no need for gem bags and potion cases, nutty times those
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    edited July 2012
    kamuizin said:

I really don't care in what we gonna spend the gold but shoud be other options avaliable, maybe the inns of the game lacks some hookers, bla bla bla bla....

I like that one @kumuizin :P

Syntia13 said:

In BG2 I kept buying every container I could get my hands on, and I still had to dump some redundant cargo every few hours. :P

In that case your party was comprised of hoarders, hahah.

I do remember the letter, and I believe it mentioned Tazok transporting the iron in those bags of holding, but you never do catch Tazok actively transporting the iron. It was Tazok right? If it was Tranzig, then same argument I suppose. So I never really felt like I could get the Bag of Holding anyway.

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    It was Tranzig.
  • ElectricMonkElectricMonk Member Posts: 599
    "I have sent Tranzig to work with the mercenaries in transporting the iron to your base in Cloakwood. He has brought several bags of holding so that he, alone, will make trips into Cloakwood..."

Can you imagine looting several bags of holding off of Tranzig, inventory management would be a moot point for the entire game, you'd never have to worry about how much you had to carry etc. While some people would obviously prefer this, I think that it would really hurt the game. Yes, Tranzig supposedly had several bags of holding on him for his job, but an explanation for why they aren't on his person could easily be as believable as finding them. I mean, bags of holding are obviously not all that prevalent in the Sword Coast region according to the game, and given the importance of secrecy concerning his mission, it wouldn't be too surprising that the bags would be elsewhere (not on his person or in his room, but hidden somewhere else) during his stay in Beregost.
    Wikkid_Suhn
  • MelanchiorMelanchior Member Posts: 16
    Other than the option of conveniently switching between a bow and sword+shield, I don't want to see any changes.
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    :::wonders how right click for info will be implemented in ipad:::::
    *wonders how pissed people would be if the only enhancement in BGEE was the option to switch between a two-handed weapon and single/shield combo*
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    That would probably resolve one of my biggest pet peaves with BG.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    @jaysl659 - Unluckily, those bags would be holding iron. Before you could sell it, the financial guards would find you smuggling the iron in front of Feldpost Inn and take you to prison... tragic ending to a short story.
    But hey, that iron would have solved the iron crisis issue, Sarevok would never get to power and Irenicus would randomly kidnap him! ... Making space-time continuum issues, I am sure. But according to the rules of the universe... it could happen O_O
    @Tiggrr & @Aosaw:

Via Trent's tweet this morning:
    Trent said:

We did some work on the journal system. It is better. We still want to do a bit more, as it could be even better

Perhaps the idea of copying letters into journals is being implemented, or considered?
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    kamuizin said:

Plot - Why Baldur's Gate domain would not have bags to sell and Amn have? Make no sense to me.

Because Amn is a nation of Merchants, and while Baldur's Gate happily welcomes wizards who can use their spells to move goods around, Amn must rely more on magic items. ::sunny smile.::
    seeka
  • HeinrichHeinrich Member Posts: 188
    Tiggrr said:

Could crucial documents (like Gorion's letter, and the letters to Mulahey, Tranzig and Tazok) be relocated to the journal. It seems daft to toss them, but there's no reason for them to take up pack space. Or could it be an optional thing to move any document to the journal through a game mechanism similar to scribing a scroll.

It would be nice to have a feature where each crucial document can be given to a certain NPC to gain extra XP or rewards for adding "evidence" of a conspiracy with the Iron Crisis.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    @LadyRhian but if you ask minsc he could craft a bag with animal hide, you don't need even buy it you can even make it, there's no excuse to that. Bag of Holding? Overpower to BG, take them out is not for history but for power balance, but a bag of gems? a single scroll case? I don't see why keep them out BG.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @kamulzin Oh, sorry, I thought you meant the magical ones. I don't think they lack other kinds of bags (or bags of holding), just that, you can't find a bag of holding in the first game because they are less prevalent near Baldur's Gate, and you simply get into the places that have one. I would see no problem adding the gem bag or the scroll case to Baldur's Gate- they don't need to be magical. Aurora's Whole Realms Catalogue offers scroll cases that can hold multiple types of scroll. And a bag of small pockets or smaller bags to hold gems wouldn't be that much of a problem. Magical bags of Holding is something quite else.