Skip to content

Just want to say

HeyaHeya Member Posts: 55
For all the negativity, my brother and I have just spent a couple of happy evenings clearing out the Nashkel mines. Playing BG online with a friend has always been a dream of mine (well, a minor dream, I guess rock star is the big one), and something I could never get to work on the old versions. There's been a couple of dropped connections and we had to tinker with the .wbm files, but I'd much rather ask someone to copy a couple of files than go through the rigmarole of installing Tutu or BGT.

My brother has never played the BG games, and him being a fan of the game's direct descendents (KOTOR, Mass Effect, Dragon Age), I've been looking forward to showing him where it all began. There's been no gameplay or story bugs to dampen his enjoyment so far and I think he'll be staying with me 'til Sarevok's pointy helment clunks to the ground. Just a shame I can't recommend any other friends to join in yet... Patiently waiting for that 2+ player fix!

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2012
    Hopefully we will get a multiplayer patch soon enough to make the game completely problem free for you and your brother. I think a lot of people here, myself included, are waiting anxiously for that. BG is a great game, you'll both enjoy it.
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    The problem with only being able to have a maximum of 2 players is that one of you will likely need to pause to control the mage-type unless you only play with two chars.. waiting around for other players pausing or having them unpause when you're still tellin yer casters what to do was always a bit annoying