Skip to content

SO, hows the game going?

i loved the org BG series. played them all, but didnt like NW set as much.

Ive judged every game since then to BG and cant wait to start playing the enhanced edition.

how are things going so far? how does everyone like it? it seems liek there are a few bugs, but that can be expected right.

im thinking of playing on the ipad but im afraid game play would be limited (more app-like) than what a full PC or MAC version could run.

Comments

• ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    In the final level of Nashkel mines now. Thinking the game is doing pretty okay: could certainly be worse.
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    I'm loving it, to be honest. Harder than I remember, though.
  • GygaxianProseGygaxianProse Member Posts: 201
    Greetings. By all a counts, the iPad version will be the same, except you will have options on how much content to download ( the full dl equaling the full windows version, same total price )

Bugs seem most prevalent on Intel graphics, which suck and cause problems for many games.
    From what I've seen, AMD/ATI platforms are the least buggy.
  • GoodSteveGoodSteve Member Posts: 607
    The game is alright. It has some cool new things, like BG2 kits and races (which were present before through mods) and some neat new items.

The three new NPC's are overall underwhelming. Dorn is quite powerful, Rasaad is pretty useless and Neera likes to melt all your gold, summon in hostile demons, and fireball your own team. That said, Rasaad and Dorn have pretty cool backstories and personalities. I'm not a big fan of Neera mostly because her voice acting sucks.

There are quite a few bugs, some of them making the game unplayable for a lot of folks. The Greastest RPG of All Time: With Enhanced Bugs is what I believe they're changing the main page to say... don't quote me on that though.

I can't comment on it for tablets, as I have it for PC.
  • PhillUpPhillUp Member Posts: 10
    Still on of the Best Games ever and now even improved. For me it works fine. Some people have there problems, but I think this will be over after a new fix.
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    edited December 2012
    There's still quite a few issues. The game is running great for me, and I love the general direction they've taken, but stuff such as missing non-English voice acting (all of it), botched monster spawn rates, unreadable spell icons, bugged quest entries in the journal or NPCs not following your clicks are plagueing the release at the moment. Multiplayer, from what I've heard, seems to be downright dysfunctional.

If they keep their promises and iron out all of the mistakes, this would be a recommendable version of the game (because really, they have also introduced improvements alongside all the bugs). If they add worthwile content (more portraits, new companions, items, areas, adventure and a female Miniature Giant Space Hamster as a companion for Boo), I believe it might even inherit Baldur's Gate's throne.

At the moment, it's still more of a sort of unfortunately-he-was-born-first heir, whose mother the Queen hopes the private tutoring will make him a respectable successor someday. Note, however, that there are courtiers that like him and would applaud his coronation ;) So, not all is lost.
  • knosajknosaj Member Posts: 2
    sounds hopeful.
    so,
    -i recall that with the first BG series you had a tremendous amount of control over the other players in the party. in NWN if i recall correctly, the other players where sort of on their own program. there was something i didnt like about NWN. its been so long i dont remember what it was.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited December 2012
    Having played BG1 vanilla for many years I'm personally not going back to the old version. Other than in one area of Cloakwood I really haven't run into much in terms of problems in single player.