Skip to content

Minimizing Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition?

Anyone else have a problem minimizing the game? I mean it isn't a *huge* deal. I can do Alt-Enter, and then minimize, and then got back in and Alt-Enter to full-screen. I guess I'm just used to hitting my Windows key to minimize applications. When I hit that, it stays maximized but I can see the start-bar on the bottom. If I do an Alt-Enter minimize, I can still hear the music from the game.

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Yeah it pretty much hogs the screen if you're not running it windowed. Haven't found a way to minimize it either. I use 2 monitors though so I just put my browser/IM on the other one and alt-tab as needed. With the graphics section of the options screens being in dire need of... well, options, I guess they'll put in some work on most aspects of the visual aspect of the game, minimize included.
  • TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618
    Though the music still plays, using the Windows key works just fine for minimizing for me.

• MorvianMorvian Member Posts: 24
    The original game couldn't be minimized that well either. Even in windowed mode I believe the music will still play. If it's absolutely necessary to keep the game running in the background you can always mute just Baldur's Gate in the volume controls. Really though I'd just suggest that you just close the game if you need to hear something else. I pretty much only ever minimize the game to check references/guides. For that ALT + TAB works just fine, since I usually have a web browser opened anyway. The Windows key would also suffice.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    Morvian said:

The original game couldn't be minimized that well either. Even in windowed mode I believe the music will still play. If it's absolutely necessary to keep the game running in the background you can always mute just Baldur's Gate in the volume controls. Really though I'd just suggest that you just close the game if you need to hear something else. I pretty much only ever minimize the game to check references/guides. For that ALT + TAB works just fine, since I usually have a web browser opened anyway. The Windows key would also suffice.

The older version minimized fine