Skip to content

Disappointment with the new cinematics

LogicLogic Member Posts: 2
While I love the game, and this revision is excellent, the one aspect that pained me was the new cinematics. I knew they were going to be remade, but I had expected the new ones to be superior, and they were certainly not. The new cinematics are shorter, less intense, had a greatly diminished mood, and very poor animation. Yes they are of larger resolution and smoother frame transitions, but the flat graphics sliding at joints and devoid of actual change in shape make it seem as though it was quickly made with no effort or care, or even that they were only clips of the possible pre-rendering vision or template of what it could be.

I find the original cutscenes/cinematics much better than the new ones in every factor. Post here and tell us your thoughts on the matter. Would you prefer to have the originals in the place of these new ones? Had you hoped for an enhanced version of the originals instead of sliding paper artwork laid on top of snips of the original sound like I had?

Edit: I had forgotten to mention the quote that has been removed, and had been present just before the original opening cinematic. - "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... When you gaze too long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." - Removing such things from the game, however minor, is not in the game's best interest. Do not remove aspects of the game that pose no threat and give no reason to be removed. Enhance and add only.

Comments