Skip to content

What's the weirdest bug you ever had?

Daedalus87mDaedalus87m Member Posts: 92
I remember a long time ago, I created a Human Sorcerer in BG2 and when the game started my Sorcerer was permanently as fast as a Monk and had magic resistance. I don't know why this happened and never got to recreate it again.

What's your weirdest bug?

Comments

• ShrimpShrimp Member Posts: 142
    Any strange dialogs you have when you install mods in the wrong order and mess up your dialog.tlk. Some of them sounded like they came straight from a Malkavian in Vampire2:Bloodlines.
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    Casting Mislead with a Project(ed) Image, selection sound looping for the duration of Mislead
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I can't say I've had many bugs that I can remember, but today I was east of candlekeep and I had imoen shooting bears with her bow, but for whatever reason the arrows themselves were sideways. The problem seems to have resolved itself, but it just was a "ummm ok what is happening?" kind of moment.
    lolien
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    When i damaged my frist SoA CDs, everytime i finsh chapter 3 the game bugged for the scrach affected exactly that part. Nothingh apparently could trigger the continuation of the game (as if the game stops in the docks with savaeron, main char and Bodhi/Aran). But i tried so much that one day i discovered a way to pass that part, i put and take the cds on the drive, and make some mess with the program in the job panel (changind the priority of the game and etc...) until the game fully crash. This would make a total blue critical screen appears asking for BG2 CD2 to fix, after i put the CD2 the game just jump the video betwen Act3/4 and my team appear directly on Brinnlaw docks.
  • WinthalWinthal Member Posts: 366
    Changing the character animation to Elminster out in Shadowkeeper, then clicking attack on any enemy immediately crashes the game (because Elminster doesn't have an attack animation, but the game tries to force one anyway), a friend of mine actually played thru a large portion of the game like this, using Elminster + the secret falling cow spell as the only means to damage things, in Elminster form you can't be hit by anything either, so the only way he'd "die" would be if he accidentally clicked an enemy, or the AI button was turned on for some reason making him retaliate when attacked, causing a crash... myeaaah....
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    @Winthal

the secret falling cow spell....?
  • CadrosCadros Member Posts: 253
    @mch202 does 20 ish damage if i remember, possibly created when they were doing the wild surge tables
  • WinthalWinthal Member Posts: 366
    @mch202 I think it was done as an inside joke between the devs, whenever you cast it, the video of the Wyvern carrying a dead cow plays (similar to the Planescape Torment high level spells that show cinematics) and then a cow falls from the top of the screen on your target (as if the wyvern in the video drops it from high up). I remembering the spell being able to critical hit for some ridiculously high damage.

@Cadros since it existed before BG2 and wild mages, I don't think it was created for the wild surge table, altho this is most likely that same animation that we see in BG2... =)
  • AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    edited June 2012
    @Winthal @Cadros @mch202
    There is a great mod Wild Mage Additions that adds "Summon Cow" as a 7-level wild mage spell :)

[spoiler=Summon Cow]
    Level: 7
    Range: Visual range of caster
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Casting Time: 3
    Area of Effect: 1 creature
    Saving Throw: Special

Upon casting this spell, a cow is summoned in the air 50-200 yards above the targeted creature. The exact height is dependent on the caster's level, and determines the damage done to the target.

Once summoned, the animal will fall down upon the target. The impact as well as the crash to the ground cause crushing damage equal to 3d10 + 1d10 for every three levels of the caster, up to a maximum total of two times 10d10 at Level 21. There is no saving throw against the physical impact, though a very lucky or agile individual may drop to the ground without taking additional damage.

If the targeted creature survives the impact, there's a chance of 10% +10% for every three experience levels of the caster, that the victim drops random equipment while falling. The maximum chance is 80% at Level 21; there is no saving throw.

Finally, the whole situation is so confusing and frightening, that the target must save against spells or flee in panic for three rounds. The saving throw starts with a modifier of +2, which is decreased by 1 for every three levels of the caster, until it reaches -5 at 21th level.

Warning:
    Basically, this spell is just a purposeful release of a specific wild surge. As such, there is a chance for unwanted side effects.

It is also strongly advised against using this spell in the presence of rangers or druids.[/spoiler]
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    thanks for the info... was never aware of a falling cow.... it reminds me the falling donkey @ worms
  • gesellegeselle Member Posts: 325
    Got 2 weird bugs. I created a monk to play through BG2, but cancelled the hero halfway through creation. So i created a Barbarian, instead. Well i was quite surprised the moment i saw i had 4 base armor and was unable to equip my offhand.
    Second bug: I created a male Inquisitor, after i reached the copper coronet Anomen was adressing me with Lady. Just thought for myself he is talking to Aerie. Well i continued playing until reaching Ust Natha, when I was adressed as Lady. So i checked out my PC, and whoops male portrait male appearence but Female Human. And i haven't been to watcher's keep at that point. Well Edwina got a soulmate
  • Daedalus87mDaedalus87m Member Posts: 92
    @geselle - ye, I also made a monk first, but cancelled it before I made my sorcerer.