Skip to content

Any mod that'll allow Dual-Classing into a Skald?

Hey all. Is there any mod or character editor that'll allow for this? I'm bored with turning Imoen into a Mage and figure she'll make a quite marvelous Skald :)
It's been a long time since I used Shadowkeeper so I'm unsure if changing class in that will work...

Comments

• MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    If you can get Shadowkeeper to work then yes, you could dual-class to a bard then Shadowkeep your character into a Skald.
  • LeviathanLeviathan Member Posts: 30
    Problem is that Bard isn't an allowable dual-class.
    It is if you edit dualclas.2da like I did.
  • secretfiresecretfire Member Posts: 63
    I didn't know that was possible!
  • CorthalaFamilyCorthalaFamily Member Posts: 22

It is if you edit dualclas.2da like I did.

Ty for the tip, mate, it's appreciated.

• secretfiresecretfire Member Posts: 63
    edited December 2012
    Is this new functionality in BGEE? This wasn't possible in BG2/TOB. Can we do this with other classes, like Sorcerer/Druid? Can anyone else verify that they have added Bard to the dual-class list?
    Post edited by secretfire on
  • ArcticArctic Member Posts: 76
    I try adding SORCERER to dualclas.2da but it makes the game crash .... XD
    edited December 2012
    Mine isn't crashing but something rather weird *is* happening--it will let me dual-class a bard to thief, mage, cleric, or druid, but the second class won't actually apply to my character. If she chooses mage, though, it will let her choose spells and those spells will still show up in her spellbook but the new weapon proficiencies I choose overwrite the ones that she had before. There must be some other hard code I have not accounted for...but Shadowkeeper should still work to accomplish it.

edit: I double-checked with a different character and I now have a formerly-3rd-level kensai who is now a 1st-level cleric, so my edits work like they are supposed to. I am not certain what happened with my blade and why she couldn't dual-class, though. That will require a little more investigation.

All this editing has caused me to barely play the game--my most "advanced" party is resting outside the Friendly Arm Inn even as I type....*shrug* I'll get around to actually playing it at some point.
    Post edited by Mathsorcerer on
    New plan!

1) Create a new Skald with identical stats to Imoen
    2) Use shadowkeeper or CLUA to up it to the same XP as my Imoen
    3) Set my Imoen to Skald, copy all the stats across from the dummy Skald appropriately
    4) Give Rasaad a bunch of extra Trapfinding points so that he can be my trapfinder
    5) Get on with the damned game

• MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    Issue with 4) is he can be your trapfinder, but no your trap disarmer. Best he could do is trapspringer.

Besides, its not *really* Imoen anymore. Just a pale imitation. Imoenmania perhaps? You should at least get and use an Imoen soundset if you plan to continue this dark path.
    edited December 2012
    Oh I'll be using official Imoen, just changing her stats and class. The "Clone" with the same XP totals and ability scores is simply so that I have something to copy the correct saves etc across to real Imoen from.

Rasaad can be my trapfinder, and thanks to Skalds having Pickpocket they have the "Thieving" icon. I figure that should mean that if I keep Imoen's current lockpicking and trapfinding skills, she'll be able to make use of them.
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    Why don't you just modify the Imoen cre file and put it in your override folder? It'd be easier and you would get everything Imoen usually has.
    So, use DLTCEP change the class to Bard, the kit to Skald, change the animation if you want and you're done.
    Last of all, Find Traps determines both trap finding and disarming. You will find that each of these skills are required in almost equal amount throughout the game. So there's no point in having a trap finder and a different trap disarmer.
    *Blinks*
    Imoen CRE file?

Thus far what I've done is use Shadowkeeper to:
    Remove Imoen's extra thieving abilities (eg, hide in shadows)
    Alter her Proficiencies to be Bardic
    Change her class to Bard & Kit to Skald
    Set the appropriate flags for Skald (ie the extra damage/to hit, convert bardic music to skald music, etc)
    Give her the appropriate number of spells for a Bard of her level
    Give Rasaad the same Trapfinding number as Imoen

Since Imoen was going to be dual classed away from Thief anyway her find traps/pick locks wouldn't have improved, so with Rasaad finding traps and Imoen disarming them, it should cover that.

And Imoen is now a bard :)
    *Sigh*
    And after testing, Imoen is still unable to open locks or disarm traps. Poo.
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    I don't think it's possible for a Bard to OL or DT. And this must be hardcoded. Did you try the dual-class solution proposed by the others?