Skip to content

Random encounters have too few opponents.

Observed Behaviour: Random Encounters don't have nearly the amount of opponents that the original version had.

Expected Behaviour: Groups of wolves and kobolds and xvarts.

I feel there might be something wrong encountering 1 wolf at a time or 1 kobold at a time.
Now I know it isn't just me or just a feeling. There is a whole thread 6 pages long about this.
I would like the option of the game going back to the way it was supposed to be.
I generally like all the rest of the changes or at least I'm not raging about them, but this change doesn't make sense, gives you less XP as you progress through the game, causes weird encounters with the full scripted compared to the anemic randoms, and generally is less heroic.

Comments

• ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    Definitely agreed. Fighting a single kobold is not heroic, gives no challenge whatsoever, and why would there be a single kobold just strutting around in-universe? They are a weak cowardly lot whose only strength is numbers (and deadly cunning and incredibly sadistic traps, but we can't ever expect these to show up in computer games, now can we?), so it'd make zero sense to see just one or two when there could be a dozen.