Skip to content

Bragging Rights....Achievements

LindeblomLindeblom Member Posts: 257
Is it possible to somehow implement a count of saves etc?
Hero of blablah, if you save less than 10 times in a game?
Never got killed and had to reload?
Changed underwear twice a week (thrice if you meet a really scary monster, 45 times if you get a girlfriend in the game)

Also would it be possible to somehow have time being of importance? Sometimes (when I sleep for healing) I reach Nashkel on day 45, the cloakwood mines day 198 and the glorious city after 36547809 days.
I do not think the game should nessecarily (how the heck do you spell that word!!!!) get harder, but you kind of wonder if the Iron Throne would be a liiiitle more surprised if the Hero showed up a week after Gorion was killed instead of 3 years later.

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Necessary, from latin "necesse" meaning "unavoidable". :)

It does seem odd that things never seem to get worse than they currently are. You'd think that prices would continue to climb as time goes on, or bandit populations would rise, or something.

But I think that if you manage to save Nashkel and get all the way up to Baldur's Gate within a week, the messenger that saw you take down Mulahey would probably have beaten you there anyway, so they'd be ready for you regardless.

I think maybe something in the world of the game should be aware of the passage of time, like a global variable affecting item costs if you're in chapters 1-4; and then when you hit chapter 5, the prices get reset to their normal values.

This would also, however, have the unexpected effect of selling all your iron equipment at a premium, then hitting chapter 5 with a small fortune in gold. :)
  • LuneverLunever Member Posts: 307
    Hmm, something in-between might work: Each day one non-magical weapon with metal parts - including a stack of 20 arrows - might dissappear from a random shop.