Skip to content

Last Hope, anyone able to help me with Launcher Crash?

Stickfigure2Stickfigure2 Member Posts: 4
edited December 2012 in Windows PC (Archive)
Hey guys,

I'm running Xp, AMD athlon 64XDual Core Processor, 3 gigs of Ram, and a GeForce 8500 graphics card. I've tried both the beamdog launcher AND the standalone launcher and they both instantly crash the second I double click any of them; saying both stating"has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" The error reports for both are as follows:

Standalone Launcher:
EventType : clr20r3 P1 : bgee.exe P2 : 0.2.6.2 P3 : 50b7f5a8
P4 : beamdog P5 : 1.1.0.0 P6 : 50b7f5a3 P7 : 28 P8 : 15
P9 : system.typeinitialization

Beamdog Launcher:
EventType : clr20r3 P1 : beamdog.launcher.exe P2 : 1.9.5.0
P3 : 50b5c0fb P4 : beamdog.launcher P5 : 1.9.5.0 P6 : 50b5c0fb
P7 : 2c P8 : 0 P9 : system.io.filenotfoundexception

I know the patch is coming out but I'm not seeing that it addresses ANY issues for those who can't even install the game. Since I've already sent in a support ticket and it seems they can't explain my issue, do any of you have any ideas? I have already:

Tried running in every compatibility mode
Tried running as administrator
Reinstalled all of the .NET framwork as well as openGL
Made sure all Geforce Drivers are up to date

Does ANYONE have any suggestions? Or did TrentOster/Pdaigle already address something that the patch might fix launcher issues that I haven't been able to find? Thanks for your time guys.

Post edited by Stickfigure2 on

Comments

• Stickfigure2Stickfigure2 Member Posts: 4
    Sorry I meant to put GeFore 8500
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    edited December 2012
    @Stickfigure2
    Not that I think I can help other than perhaps guide you to threads that deals with these issues, and you'd likely already read them, but I think, for anyone to help, you need to give a more exact description of your system.

Which version of XP? 32 Bit or 64 Bit?

Specific processor?

Exactly which GeForce card?

How much ram?

Hope someone will be able to help you.
  • sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    YEES.. that's it. Exactly my problem right now too (1 year later) : the launcher was working fine initially, could get up to update 2014 with no problems. I had a few crashes here & there, but never too serious; install/reinstall of java/flash seemed t work after another beamdog.exe reinstall.. but now a different story ; exactly like there ; immediate crashes.. same symptoms, same effects ('has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience'), no more explanations, same apparent no (simple) solutions.. weird.

reinstalling all Net frameworks parts? reinstalling all visual c++ parts? any hints? no solutions found in the meantimes? weird here too. -??
  • XxSMIL3xXXxSMIL3xX Member Posts: 1
    Same here.
    I just bought it and i cant download it.
    Neither beamdog client either baldurs gare ee.
    Just few seconds before its done it says sorry but the windows shut down the program.
  • FedeuyFedeuy Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    Hey Xx, hope you get this in time, to fix the launcher crash do this: disconnect you pc from internet, then run the launcher and uncheck the use p2p box, connect again, run the launcher, and boom!, you can download the game.