Skip to content

Joining mid way through a campaign?

SmallSheepSmallSheep Member Posts: 3
Say two of us were playing BGEE for a while and then a third player wanted to join the party, would he or she be able to do so or would all players have to be there at the start? What I'm trying to ask is can extra party members join after the game's started?

Thanks

Comments

• FouneFoune Member Posts: 53
    Yes they join your party in the mid game, but they're pretty useless if they started a new level 1 if you guys are level 5, most people always import one of their characters, if you play BG MP alot then you'll have a character in your same level range.
  • raelcariraelcari Member Posts: 133
    Upon creating a MP game, even from loading a game, you can still create/import characters. So, yes.
    Be warned however, I tested 3-player today with the new patch and Hamachi, and I still couldn't get it to work (2nd player and 3rd player can't see each other, host can see both). Don't get your hopes up...
  • SilySily Member Posts: 91
    BG also has the great function of letting your friend play on any party member, say, you picked up Minsc and Dynaheir - pass them on to your friend and instant win instead of friend making a level 1 character.
  • SmallSheepSmallSheep Member Posts: 3
    Thanks everyone. I guess the multiplayer's still effectively in Beta. I'm sure it'll be patched soon though.