Skip to content

Skip cutscenes

carugacaruga Member Posts: 375
Have a key for skipping cutscenes you've already seen.

Comments

• ElectricMonkElectricMonk Member Posts: 599
    edited June 2012
    I think someone brought this up in some other (potentially off-topic) discussion. This would be nice, the cutscenes are cool the first time (or even the first few times) you see them, but it would be preferable to have the option to skip them.
    Post edited by ElectricMonk on
  • carugacaruga Member Posts: 375
    I think someone brought this up in some other (potentially off-topic). This would be nice, the cutscenes are cool the first time (or even the first few times) you see them, but it would be preferable to have the option to skip them.
    I hate to say it but i'm actually tired of seeing the Irenicus intro at the beginning of BG2, when I just want to launch a new character to experiment with. :)
  • ElectricMonkElectricMonk Member Posts: 599
    @caruga yeah, that is one of my favorite cutscenes, but as I have to watch it every time I start a new BG2 character, it can be a bit annoying.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    Totally in favor of this. Let me skip that Irenicus cut scene if I'm just experimenting with new characters.
  • SaberstormSaberstorm Member Posts: 60
    isn't there a mod for this? it sounds like something a mod may have fixed. regardless, it should be fixed. i agree
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    @Saberstorm - you may be referring to Blue the Immortal Bard's mod to skip Chateau Irenicus altogether. While I understand the rationale underlying that mod, I would never skip an entire dungeon in my games. I would just like to be able to start playing immediately after starting a new game, without having to go through the whole "More intruders have entered the complex, master" thing (which is fine and all, but after 1000 times it starts getting old).
  • Daedalus87mDaedalus87m Member Posts: 92
    edited June 2012
    "Father, I'm off to play."
    "Have a fine day, dear."
    "Did you remember to wash your face?"
    "bla bla bla!"

For the 9001st time!
  • CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556
    "Father, I'm off to play."
    "Have a fine day, dear."
    "Did you remember to wash your face?"
    "bla bla bla!"

For the 9001st time!
    I always wondered why that Farmer sounded so upper-class. Was he a down on his luck noble? Perhaps he ran away from home as a child? Is he the rightful owner of that Manor House? Who knows...
  • RisingsunRisingsun Member Posts: 99
    Yeah, I'll throw in my support for this on all versions of the game. Especially, on the iPad when I may be playing the game on the go and have limited time.
  • SterlingArcherSterlingArcher Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2012
    @Saberstorm yes, BG2 tweakpack has this option. and does so very good imho.