Skip to content

trap removal not working

techpantechpan Member Posts: 3
edited December 2012 in Not An Issue
sorry if this has been already reported. i read through 15 pages of bug reports but i did not see this one. I am having a bug where my thief character does not seem to have the ability to find and remove traps. i rerolled one, ran the ability number up to 100 and they still do not show up until the trap is triggered.
Post edited by Avenger_teambg on

Comments

• HeliasHelias Member Posts: 112
    This may be a stupid question, but did you order him to look for traps?
    (click on the specific button when you select him - it won't be highlighted if he wears metal armour);
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Detection works perfectly to me, from day one.
    And removal was immensely improved in BGEE (you will never run into one, if you see it, and mark it for removal).
  • techpantechpan Member Posts: 3
    i ran a saved game with imoen with detect traps at 80 where i knew that there were traps to be found. no red box ever shows up and there is never a chance to remove said trap via the thief tool tip. I took off all armor. In the prior case with the thief abilities at 100 , that thief had leather armor. kinda makes no sense that it does not work for me, when it worked for you guys.
  • techpantechpan Member Posts: 3
    ok, i'm an idiot. i thought trap finding was automatic. i forgot that i had to click the button to activate the ability. it works just fine. sorry.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    moving to not an issue. Thanks for the followup.
  • HeliasHelias Member Posts: 112
    Just wanted to add: @techpan, if you want automatic detection set the script of your thief to "passive thief".