Skip to content

Spoiler feature request

KoreKore Member Posts: 245
edited June 2012 in Site Resources
Could we get some sort of spoiler button? It's sure to be used frequently as the site becomes used by people who aren't quite as fanatical about BG and therefore don't know everything quite yet about the games.

This sort of ties in with the formatting changes Cameron promised in the quote feature thread, but if possible a spoiler button would be better than simply changing the text colour to the background colour.

Edit: I just had a poke around Vanilla and there should be a feature to turn on :)

Comments

• BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    Probably better will ultimately be category heads that state if a section allows spoilers or not. For now it's pretty much no holds barred in order to facilitate the process. Why indeed would a BG-novice come to the BGEE Forum at this point?
  • KoreKore Member Posts: 245
    Even so, its a bit unfair to bar newer users from a whole category because some threads have spoilers. Besides, thats what this trial period is for, getting things like this sorted before they can roll it out to the masses :)
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I kind of have a lax stance on spoilers considering that BG is already a 10 year old game. It always annoys me when I get moderated on other forums because I forgot to put a spoiler tag up before mentioning that Aeris dies (yeah, that's right, she dies! She gets skewered like a pig!).

I think that if or when more subcategories are added that one of them should be a place for discussing the plot. Spoiler tags should be unnecessary there because you enter at your own risk.

Though I understand that for other subcategories like Bug reports, or getting help with stuff in the game, etc, Spoiler tags will probably be necessary so if Vanilla has the feature it shouldn't be a big deal to implement.

Though yeah, at this point in time the forums are practically only open to vets, so I get @Bhryaen's point.
  • AliteriAliteri Member Posts: 308
    edited June 2012
    Probably better will ultimately be category heads that state if a section allows spoilers or not. For now it's pretty much no holds barred in order to facilitate the process. Why indeed would a BG-novice come to the BGEE Forum at this point?

I think that whoever likes in general should rather no speak of the story at all than spoling it to even a single other person. Meaning that it doesn't really why a novice would come here or not.
  • CadrosCadros Member Posts: 253
    Well none of us know what the new content is going to be like in any detail, so spoilers would be useful for that at the very least. In addition to this spoilers can be useful for hiding large images etc
  • ScottBrooksScottBrooks Member Posts: 687
    Spoilers are now enabled, use square brackets around spoiler like [spoiler]secret stuff here[/spoiler]
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    poop
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    I am not going back to my spoiler-filled posts to go hiding text this way... except maybe reference to the
    Ulcaster Secret Door Skeleton Ring Quest
    that no one should know about yet...
  • KoreKore Member Posts: 245
    edited June 2012
    Spoilers are now enabled, use square brackets around spoiler like [spoiler]secret stuff here[/spoiler]
    Cheers :)
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited June 2014
    [spoiler]