Skip to content

Berserker Charm Immunity Total Fail

SandmanSandman Member Posts: 73
edited December 2012 in Not An Issue
"Berserker:
Advantages: May use "Enrage" ability once per day per 4 levels. The enraged state lasts 60 seconds and grants a +2 bonus to hit and damage, a 15 HP boost and a -2 bonus to AC. Enraging also grants immunity to charm, hold, fear, maze, imprisonment, stun, confusion, feeblemind, level drain and sleep. (Note: The bonus HP is lost at the end of the enraged state, potentially killing the berserker).
Disadvantages: Becomes winded after berserking, reciving a -2 to hit and damage penalties, and a +2 AC penalty. Can only become proficient in ranged weapons (no more than 1 proficiency point)."

Near the coast, the sirens cast a crap load of charm spells. My Berserker is immune to them except for Sil's Dire Charm, while enraged. It acts like it bypasses everything including saving throws because my Berserker gets charmed instantly all the time, total BS.

Please fix.
Post edited by Avenger_teambg on

Comments

• ChrisYuiChrisYui Member Posts: 94
    Strange, I used my berserker to get to the cave, and had no issues with Sil's Dire Charm. And I'm sure she cast it on me.
  • SandmanSandman Member Posts: 73
    In my case, I was charmed instantly and I had just used my rage ability so it wasn't worn off or anything.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Something else must be going on--Sil's Dire Charm uses "charm (5)" and the berserker ability gives immunity to opcode [charm (5)] so you definitely should have been immune. Were there any other effects or items you were using at the time?
  • SandmanSandman Member Posts: 73
    IDK if there were any other effects last time, I don't remember, but I tried the encounter again and I was immune to Sil's charms this time around. I truly don't know what happened last time and I know 100% I was enraged as the icon showed on my characters portrait. Maybe some sort of glitch?
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Well, a single case is not total fail. Sadly i couldn't repro this. So moving to not an issue.
    Feel free to restart the case if it happens again (saved games before the event occurs are preferred).