Skip to content

Invisbility/Hide in Shadows - Missing Portrait & Record Icon

bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
edited December 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
[Current Behavior]
After quaffing an invisibility potion or using Hide in Shadows, your character record or portrait does not show they are invisible with an icon.

[Desired Behavior]
Have the invisible icon appear in the character record and on the portrait when invisible.

[Note]
Many other portions/ability add an icon for their effect, why not Invisibility Potion and Hide in Shadows? This Would also help to more easily see when they are no longer invisible if they are out of sight.

Comments

• bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    @Tanthalas

Is this a known bug issue?
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @bigdogchris

I think an invisible status portrait icon simply doesn't exist.
    edited December 2012
    Tanthalas said:

@bigdogchris

I think an invisible status portrait icon simply doesn't exist.

Could one be added? They could extract the graphic from the icon of the wizard spell icon for invisibility.

Would you please ask/add this as an issue?

• Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Blur has none either. Mirror image nope. Probably this isn't important.
    edited December 2012
    Invis can be a life or death situation for your character. I'd much rather know/see that my invis dropped than my (insert arbitrary attribute here) buff.
    Bumping this because I think it is still worth adding to the game.
  • ParysParys Member Posts: 205
    edited February 2013
    Are there empty slots to assign a new character state icons?
    I have noticed lately there is no infravision state icon displayed whilst wearing Ring of Infravision.
    The infravison state does exist, though (it's appears when infravision spell is active)
    @Aosaw
    Is it possible to fix this issue?
    Post edited by Parys on
  • DrusycDrusyc Member Posts: 44
    edited February 2013
    Why is it an issue to look at your character? Effects that are listed in your portrait either have overlapping visual effects (protection from evil/ DUHM or Hold/Web) or don't have visual effects at all until the effect occurs (Melf's/Flame arrow and Haste).

Effects that aren't listed in the portrait are obvious control effects (Fear/Morale Failure, Sleep/Command), obvious doll changes (blur, MI), or are separate spells (Magical Weapon spell).

It's not a bug... maybe @Aosaw can add it to features instead?

EDIT: These are mostly true general statements, not every case is laid out this way, which speaks for the consistency of spell effects.
    Post edited by Drusyc on
  • MelicampMelicamp Member Posts: 243
    edited March 2013
    I think it would be of value. I like looking at portraits and seeing what is active on my characters. If Enrage has an icon, I would think Hide in Shadows / Invisibility would. Hell, talking to someone has an icon. Lol.
    How would you classify effects that need an icon and effects that do not need an icon?
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    edited March 2013

How would you classify effects that need an icon and effects that do not need an icon?

I agree that an icon is needed
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    edited March 2013
    I don't think this is nessassary, but I will tell you what would be useful: an icon that told you when cleric Detect Traps spell was active.