Skip to content

Collectable Card Game in BG

bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
edited December 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
If any reader is familiar with the FF series games like FF8 and FF9, then you would know what I am talking about. The idea is to have a mini game within the game where the pc collect cards (monsters, race, bosses, npc and deity cards). Each being of a general race and class in the game has a specific card assigned to him/her/it. For example, you can have "monster" cards for goblins, skeletons, beholders, mindflayers, trolls, mephrits, etc. For "race" cards, they are the elf archers, elf sorcerers, orc fighters, gnome illusionists, human monks, human paladin and others. For boss cards, they can be specific characters like Drizzit, Elminister, Bodhi, Melissan and Irenicus. For npc cards, the cards are Edwin, Minsc, Viconia, Neera and the other 36 npcs. For deities, cards are Bhaal, Cyric, Mystra, Ao and etc.

Each card has a specific set of stats (Atk, Def, Magic, Mag Def) and the cards battle each other in a card duel (not specifying the card battle mechanics). The winner of the card duel wins a card or sets of cards from the loser and hence how the player can collect cards in the BG world. Boss, npc and deities cards are considered rare cards and only 1 copy exists in the game. To collect those cards, players have to find the specific card players. For example, you have to challenge Tamoko to a card duel to win Sarevok's card and Mazzy's mom to win Mazzy's card. Imoen has Gorion's card and Jaheira has both Elminister and Khalid's cards.

Although there is no purpose of what-so-ever for a mini collectable card game, it adds breath to the game. This will certainly add at least 10+ hours of enjoyable gameplay to collect all the cards in the game. However, I have to admit that it is very challenging, if not impossible, to add this request in the current game.

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    For some reason, I am thinking of the collectable cards from the original "Witcher" game... Honestly, though, It's like adding something that doesn't need to be there. It's putting the Mona Lisa in John-Paul Gautier outfit- it adds nothing and detracts from the original.
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    You mean like Tragic, except that it actually works?

Would there be an addiction as well?
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    Not sure what Tragic is, but the card game was sure addicting to me.
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    Tragic is a parody of Magic: The Gathering. You can find a few decks in Fallout 2, though they don't really do anything, but they were supposed to. They even had an addiction for it.
  • LMTR14LMTR14 Member Posts: 165
    I want a real life card game. bg2 collector's edition already had some cards, more of that!
  • thedemoninsidethedemoninside Member Posts: 188
    I could totally go for a game like Pazak(spelling?) or a rip-off of M:TG in BG. Could totally modify the game dudes in the carnival to play it for coin or items. Rare cards could be found, nice cards could be purchased.

@LadyRhian All card games within RPG games don't need to be there. It is just WAY more entertaining that they are!

Great idea that will probably never happen, but maybe BG3 could do something like that.