Skip to content

Black Pits Tier 3 mobs immune to spells bug? *spoiler*

Trying to do a little crowd control against the Night Knives Thieves, and while my spells seem to be successful (log says "Night Knives Thief- Panic" for example, they all keep the red circle under their feet and keep attacking me. Hold, Rigid Thinking, nothing works against them, makes the fight pretty much impossible. Anyone else having this issue?

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Apparently they are undead, and thus immune to fear even if they fail the saving throw
  • XhalXhal Member Posts: 8
    Ohh, that explains the little clouds they turn into when they die (like vampires in BG2). Also why Hold wouldn't work on them. Going to have to revise my strategy I guess. Thanks.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    Undeads dont have brains, so they are immune to rigid thinking. They are immune to stun/hold effects too.
  • XhalXhal Member Posts: 8
    Hold Undead works, though it's single target. I managed to beat them by casting invisibility on my party, which apparently caused them all to group up on me regardless of where I went in the arena. Kinda buggy in it's own way, but being in melee range I dispatched them pretty easily.
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    About this event, there's something that was a bit weird to me : Their arrows dealt damage through the stoneskin of my level 10 druid. (The stoneskin icon was still present, but I recieved the damage anyway)