Skip to content

Infinite farming XP?

colonel_burgercolonel_burger Member Posts: 279
It appears impossible to rest at all in the 3rd level catacombs under Candlekeep (the one with Prat and the Greater Basilisks). Every time you're interrupted by Phase Spiders.

Comments

• SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    Rancor+1!
  • MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    I prefer to do my farming in the Wyvern cave in the cloakwood, or Greater Doppelgangers in Durlag's Tower.
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Greater Dopplegangers don't poison, I'd go with them.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    The Island in the Trackless sea has pretty tough rest random encounters, but they net about 8k a time.
    Pantalion said:

Greater Dopplegangers don't poison, I'd go with them.

But its 1000gp per wyvern head, more uses of Gold Digger.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Ankheg cave is the best place to do this I think, if you really want.
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    Yeah, Ankhegs are nice. 1k XP per kill and easy to defeat even at low level.
  • Aasimar069Aasimar069 Member Posts: 803
    But they can one-shot you on a no-reload challenge :p
  • valkyvalky Member Posts: 386
    edited December 2012
    Abel said:

Yeah, Ankhegs are nice. 1k XP per kill and easy to defeat even at low level.

I prefer WInter wolfs (987xp) in Nashkel mines....the pelts don't weight a ton like the Ankheg shells and go for 500 as well. Only downside that also goblins might spawn, but nothing a handy quickload can't manage :) And it's nice to *erm* grind/farm with lvl1 and buy all your crappy stuff with lvl2/3 ...

For XP only the other choices are more common.
  • HeliasHelias Member Posts: 112
    I used to go for dread wolves in the ulcaster ruins, 650 xp per head and no danger.

But perhaps there are better possibilities in BGEE.
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    edited December 2012
    Cool, seems quite late in the game for xp farming, unfortunately :(

edit- actually i've no idea how low level you can arrive here, would be interesting to give it a go.
  • HeliasHelias Member Posts: 112
    You can't get there early, Moomintroll. And you shouldn't: phase spiders can be dangerous to low level parties.
  • colonel_burgercolonel_burger Member Posts: 279
    Do these other areas have an 80+ % chance of spawning on sleep? The phase spiders were more than that I think.

Also @merlance and @greaterlion where in durlag's tower can you sleep to spawn greater doppelgangers? Very interested in that.
    The second dungeon level, underground. Seems to be about a 25% chance of spawning on rest. The wyverns were really high chance of spawning though.