Skip to content

i killed Elminster

2»

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    elminster said:

Calmar said:

I tried to beat his brains out upon entering the city of Baldur's Gate, but after the first arrow hit him Elminster polymorphed Khalid into a chicken and teleported away. :(

For Khalid thats probably an improvement. :D
    Ahahah. Thanks for the laugh :D
  • Magnus_GrelichMagnus_Grelich Member Posts: 361
    This thread is full of dildos. Elminster is a bro.
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    And you sir, are no fun at all.
  • The_CheesemanThe_Cheeseman Member Posts: 175
    I remember attacking Elminster when he talks to you for the final time in ToB, and the most challenging part of the entire fight was doing enough damage before he teleported away. Kind of the same deal with Shandalar. Interesting fact: Shandalar doesn't know any spells either, everything he casts is scripted. If you hit him with a Chaos spell, he will just run around like an idiot while you beat on him, because being affected by Confusion disables an NPC's script.
  • ElofElof Member Posts: 42
    edited December 2012
    Calmar said:

I tried to beat his brains out upon entering the city of Baldur's Gate, but after the first arrow hit him Elminster polymorphed Khalid into a chicken and teleported away. :(

I just attacked him for fun in Beregost (after laying waste to Nashkel) and he turned my PC into a chicken before running away. Even as a chicken he dares not face me, the coward!

:P

Unfortunately the local Temple's dispel magic failed to have any effect on my new poultry form (either the spell is too powerful or my reputation meant the priest didn't try very hard), so I raged and killed him because you know, as a chicken I can still wield a massive two-handed sword to full effect. His pet howlers promptly charmed me into being a pillow for them however.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    This thread is full of bros. Elminster is a dildo
  • BamBam Member Posts: 38
    Calmar said:

Elminster didn't do anything. That's just Cowards way of saying hi.

• CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    He wanted me to indulge him. I got something to indulge him. Guess you must attack him *after* he wasted your time with being enigmatic, before he leaves the area. Next times he gets into my way, I mess him up real bad.
  • ST4TICStrikerST4TICStriker Member Posts: 162
    ajwz said:

Why would you kill Elminster? You wanted his cool hat didn't you. That's understandable, but I'm not sure if it's -quite- enough justification.

BUT I WANT A POLAR BEAR HAT!
  • MindscapeDragonMindscapeDragon Member Posts: 4
    For the fun of it, I ,too, decided to attack him. Livestock rained from the sky and exploded on my char. This happened in Beregost.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2012

For the fun of it, I ,too, decided to attack him. Livestock rained from the sky and exploded on my char. This happened in Beregost.

Such a waste of a good animal :D
  • LichiLichi Member Posts: 13
    I killed Cadderly today in Candlekeep. He gave 10 000xp. I didnt mememer, that he also is in BG1.
  • toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621
    elminster said:

Calmar said:

For Khalid thats probably an improvement. :D
    Why you gotta hate on Khalid??
    lurimax said:

Helias said:

Now try Shandalar!

He's also 26.000 xp.

It's very easy if you have a wand of paralyzation

It seems that Shandalar is nearly impossibly without said wand, and he takes about 30 seconds with it. Wand of Parylyzation on par with Kryptonite!!!

• SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    I'm sure the Zhentarim have already sent you a recruitment letter and some sizable monetary compensation for your heroic efforts, Sargan. Bravo.