Skip to content

Gnoll Stronghold quest - not seeing prisoner

mikehhhhmikehhhh Member Posts: 7
edited December 2012 in Not An Issue
Hello,
I'm reporting this as a possible quest bug. I talked to someone ( Gnoll NPC that was kicked out of Gnoll stronghold? ) in one wilderness area and this Gnoll spoke about a prisoner being held in the Gnoll Stronghold. I also got an update about this quest in my in game journal.

I then went to west on the world map to the Gnoll stronghold area and from what I remember from playing the game years ago is that one of the 'pits' in the Gnoll stronghold should have had an NPC in it that was a prisoner of the Gnolls.

However, I couldn't find any NPC's, just a lot of Gnolls and some xvarts in Caves that I killed.

Could this be a bug?

I'm reporting this in case its a problem with the questing logic.
Post edited by Avenger_teambg on

Comments

• mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited December 2012
    The Prisoner is Dynaheir, she is in the bottom of the second pit, there are wooden stairs there you should take, she is hidden by the fog of war hence easy to miss.
  • mikehhhhmikehhhh Member Posts: 7
    Hmmm, thanks, I will go back and check again. One thing I should mention though is that I killed Minsc earlier in the game. I didn't want him to join my party and somehow though the dialog I said something and he then attacked me. I wonder if killing Minsc may have messed up the quest to find Dynaheir. I hope not, because she's a decent mage and I only have Neera. I wouldn't mind having 2 mages. :)
  • HeliasHelias Member Posts: 112
    Dynaheir should be there, regardless of what happened to Minsc.
    Ok, next time I start up the game, I'll see if I can find her in the Gnoll fortress. Thanks.
    edited December 2012
    I found Dynaheir. She only shows up if I walked my party down into the pit. But then she was there and I was able to add her to my party. So I guess no bug. I've already found her fireball and stinking cloud spells very useful. :)
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Ok, moving this to not issue.