Skip to content

Edwin & the Staff of Magi

Hi Guys,

i hope somebody can help me with this...its a problem ive encountered over and over with edwin...when i give him the staff of magi the protection from evil animation isnt shown.its only with him. first time it happend after defeating irenicus and landing in hell, suddendly it was gone (i didnt give him the nesser scroll this time). Now in another play through he hasnt have it from the start...he already changed into a women/&back but something is wrong. Also the colours of vecna robe arent shown properly. (i tryed some bugfixes, but nothing worked -.-)

This is getting on my nerves. Please help somebody! Thanks!

Greets Orange

Comments

• AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Is it because he is Evil himself? What happens when other evil characters use the staff?
  • JPROSSJPROSS Member Posts: 1
    I can't say what happened with your first problem with the staff not showing the animation properly but the second problem with the colours does sound like the nether scroll quest bug that is present in vBG2. As I recall, after changing to a woman and back Edwin's colours and animations were permanently bugged due to the way the transformations were applied by the game.

This is fixed in the BG2 fixpack mod. If applying that doesn't work (since you have already triggered the bug) it can be fixed by using Shadowkeeper to remove the appropriate variables. I can't remember exactly what ones need to be deleted but hopefully someone else will know. I expect that deleting everything referencing the sex change will work.
  • MrOrangeMrOrange Member Posts: 13
    Yeah, the transformation is totally bugged. I have the shadowkeeper, but ive got no idea which are the right variables.
  • MrOrangeMrOrange Member Posts: 13
    And no, its not because Edwin is evil. Like i said, first time i played everthing was right. He didnt change to a woman, but after landing in hell the animation was suddendly gone too. I reloaded and tryed again, but the effect was the same.
  • BuurmanSvenBuurmanSven Member Posts: 5
    As for the SK variable to delete:

You can fix it via ShadowKeeper by removing the Affect "SexChange" or something like that.
    Anyway, yeah this problem is pretty annoying. It also happens to druids in Werewolf form while hasted.

From http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/13224/edwins-transformation-bug